CO: $5.00
      BTN: $5.16
      SB: $5.04
      Hero (BB): $9.72
      UTG: $4.86
      MP: $5.27

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.65, BTN raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.95

Flop: ($3.22, 2 players) 4:diamond: K:spade: 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($3.22, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero bets $2.10, BTN raises to $3.56 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.46

River: ($10.34, 2 players) 2:club:

The villain and I had been "struggling" over blind defence for quite some time. I had a 150 hands sample from him and he had about 55% attempt to steal.

I'm not sure whether I should have called his 3Bet, anyway. After his check on the flop and my nut flush and straight draw on the turn, I assumed either he was slowplaying KKK or AA, since the board was relatively dry (maybe even AK), or had any underpair over kings (QQ, JJ, TT).

I then made a semi-bluff value bet, hoping for him to fold but o.k. if it went all-in since I had 13 outs.

Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello boozaf,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting? What's the reason for calling the 4bet, you wont really end up having profit with such a Call here.

As played
      Postflop: After you make such a huge Bet it's difficult to lay down the hand, you are just way too much committed with your hand. I'd rather prefer Checking and might even get a free card cause I doubt that you going to have much fold equity here nor we obviously don't want to face a raise.

Best Regards.
    • boozaf
      boozaf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting? What's the reason for calling the 4bet, you wont really end up having profit with such a Call here.

I 3bet because, as I said, villain had over 55% attempt to steal rate. That being the case and AT being a hand that could be easily dominated (plus being out of position), I 3bet hoping for him to fold right away.

About the call, yeah... that was a little fishy I guess... :f_cry:

P.S.: Thank you for the welcoming and the answer. : )