This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Aj o 3 bet oop nl 50 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $52.93
      Hero (SB): $50.00
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $50.00
      MP: $50.00
      CO: $20.41

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:heart: J:spade:

fold, MP raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.00, fold, MP calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50, 2 players) K:spade: J:diamond: 3:club:
      Hero bets $6.01, MP raises to $14.00, fold

Villain is new on table so i wanted to test him how he reacts no stats and reads. But i have feeling his bluffing in this spot ?! He only reping trap with AA or KK i realy dont expect him to raise Ak,KQ type off hand on such dry board doesnt make sence . Should i call this ,can it be Ev+ play beeing oop ?
  • 2 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Against totally unknown I'd rather skip this preflop, especially SB v MP. I'd rather test him IP, gives us much more room to play postflop.

As played, I'd check flop, not much value in betting. If he stabs, I'd ch/call once, and reevaluating turn. As it turned out, I'd fold to raise. What does he bluffing with? QTs, AQ/T9s maybe, or sometimes turns lower pockets like 99 into bluff, but I wouldnt expect that very often. He has a strong preflop calling range anyway.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dzikson999,

What's the point of CBetting the flop? You ain't really making many better hands to fold. Rather just Check it and most likely Check/Call and reevaluate further actions.

Best Regards.