UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, MP calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.75) J T K (2 players)
      MP bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($9.25) 4 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($9.25) 2 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $4, MP raises to $9, Hero folds

Anon table.

Skipping this thin vbet, and checkbehind would be better on the river against the fish?
  • 4 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop good.

Flop good... Call pretty standard here. Not enough value in a raise and it would suck if he 3bets. Keep his range wide.

For me turn is bet-worthy. Enough value vs the fish + we build a pot for ones we hit our flush. He can call FD's/SD's now but he can't ones he misses the river. I see this is indeed a good spot to go for potcontrol but against a limping fish I guess there is enough value in a bet of 60%pot. We can also do it for free showdown, to avoid a riverbet into us which will be tough to call.

I like your riversize. He is very likely weak and has maybe T9 or something. So this is the max amount we can bet. His raise sucks very hard but is he really playing the nuts like this? Donk small and check twice? I really doubt it.... Some fishes can spew here w/ Qx so I'd probably call him off here.

F :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

I'd be willing to Bet also the turn myself, though for the given sizing should be fine to take a thin value-bet on the river from weaker Jx/Tx hands.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

I'd be willing to Bet also the turn myself, though for the given sizing should be fine to take a thin value-bet on the river from weaker Jx/Tx hands.

Best Regards.
      Do you agree with my riverstory? :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Best Regards.
      Do you agree with my riverstory? :)
      Nope, I don't see myself calling here off cause he most likely will end up having a better hand. Even if his line doesn't make sense, why would he try to gain fold equity with almost a min-raise?