This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 KJo

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5.87 (11.7 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $98.63 (197.3 bb)
      BTN: $55.87 (111.7 bb)
      SB: $67.50 (135 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K J
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN folds, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($3.50) J 2 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2

Turn: ($7.50) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($11.50) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls $7

Anon table.

SB was a reg, played tighter so far. I really couldnt assign a range to his small turn donk - check river line...
  • 5 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop is good.

Flopsize on a dry board vs a reg is good. Balanced size I think :) .

I would also just call the turn... Keep his range wide. Regs can also do this to induce.

On the river I think we're betting vs Jx, mostly TJ I think. So I'd bet 55% pot probably :)

Farma
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Seems to be fine pretty standard line, well played! Enough of value on the river. :)

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Seems to be fine pretty standard line, well played! Enough of value on the river. :)

Best Regards.
      Don't you think $7 is a bit too optimistic? This river will scare Jx...
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I think 7$ is deff too large of a bet here, don't see what kind of range we are targetting with this size when flush + overcard hit.

I would go for some sinzing under half pot to get calls by Jx and lower pockets (at least hope to).

We could go for 2-3$ bet to induce something and make him turn some marginal hands into bluffs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Best Regards.
      Don't you think $7 is a bit too optimistic? This river will scare Jx...
      Why? :P Why would we even care if it scares away or not. We don't have many Kx hands in our range so we rather have a range of PPs which may turn his hand into bluff. So I'd say from my side standard value-bet and bigger side.

Betting 2-3 doesn't have any affect into the game, the guy just doesn't bluff there, he has showdown value and he just calls it. Practically I don't see myself ever betting 2-3 here, min. 1/2 pot size. Plus his range may also contain backdoors FDs, so what you going to do if you face a huge raise? :D Fold?