Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $63.14 (126.3 bb)
      SB: $53.14 (106.3 bb)
      BB: $9.10 (18.2 bb)
      UTG: $49.54 (99.1 bb)
      MP: $66.58 (133.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $101.46 (202.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K Q
      UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $2, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.75) K 9 A (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $4, BTN folds, UTG calls $4

Turn: ($14.75) J (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($14.75) 3 (2 players)
      UTG bets $7, Hero folds

Anon table.

UTG fish, BTN reg. Would you cbet flop? They can have Ax of course, but the board is quite drawheavy, especially the fish could call us a lot looser than just TP...
      Turn card is a nightmare, so turn/river plan was ch/fold.
  • 4 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop I'd isoraise to at least 4.5x or 5x when limping fishes are fullstacked.

On the flop I'm going for potcontrol. They both have a lot of aces in there range and there are not that many terrible turns.

Turn is good.

River is good. :)

Farma
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      On the flop I'm going for potcontrol. They both have a lot of aces in there range and there are not that many terrible turns.
      So what if you check, and reg bets like 4$. Fold? He could easily steal in this spot, and we could even fold the best hand.
      I was thinking about this, and we cant really ch/call, but we dont stand that bad equity-wise, esp against the fish, who is our main target, and could call very wide, flushdraws, 9x, gutshots. But of course Ax is definitely in his range too.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      So what if you check, and reg bets like 4$. Fold? He could easily steal in this spot, and we could even fold the best hand.
      I was thinking about this, and we cant really ch/call, but we dont stand that bad equity-wise, esp against the fish, who is our main target, and could call very wide, flushdraws, 9x, gutshots. But of course Ax is definitely in his range too.
      I think the reg will not bluff too often with the fish in the pot. This combined with the fact that they both have lots of Ax makes it a check/fold for me (if the reg bets).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

As long we might not even able to 2nd barrel it for value I'd rather prefer Checking the flop as well than CBetting it. What you going to do on blank turn? If you Check what you doing vs Bet on river? :P

Best Regards.