helliaspapas
      Bronze
      Hero (BTN): $4.80 (120 bb)
      SB: $4.02 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $5.06 (126.5 bb)
      MP: $18.98 (474.5 bb)
      CO: $4 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      MP raises to $0.08, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.24, SB folds, BB raises to $0.96, MP folds, Hero calls $0.72

Flop: ($2.02) 8 8 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.02) A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.92, Hero folds

So for some reason I didn't contbet the flop ...The size of the raise propably scared me off . but as long as I call the 4bet I must bet into this flop.After all it's the ideal flop for a contbet with my pair of queens.Am I right??I'm not used in playing deep
  • 4 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      What's the point of flatting QQ here? Would you flat AA/KK? AK/AQ? JJ/TT? Other stuff? If you only flat things like JJ/QQ, AQ(AK) then this is a big leak.

If you 3bet preflop, I think you kinda have to put your stack in with QQ. Otherwise, it's always an option to just flat his raise in the first place, especially if you're not comfortable playing for 120BB effective stacks. I actually prefer that option when I'm not sure I want to stack off against a 4bet.
    • helliaspapas
      helliaspapas
      Bronze
      Well if I was playing with 2$ behind when he 4bet me I would choose either to fold or to go all in..Now that I'm deep I thought about flatting and using my positional advantage .If I see a flop that I like I would ship it in as I should have done. Otherwise I fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello helliaspapas,

Just fold it preflop vs such a huge 4bet. You can't really set-mine there. Though otherwise I'd rather be willing to Bet the turn myself to protect our hand from overcards and find out where we stand.

Best Regards.
    • helliaspapas
      helliaspapas
      Bronze
      Is it bad that I flat call to see the flop and if it hasn't an ace or a king I would shove?I'm not calling to set mine.I just think that his range consists of AA, KK , QQ,AK and if he checks to me on the low flop I would go all in..thanx in advance for your answer