Stacks:
      UTG ($4.24) 106bb
      UTG+1 ($4.76) 119bb
      CO ($5.48) 137bb
      HERO (BTN) ($4) 100bb
      SB ($3.85) 96bb
      BB ($4.52) 113bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) HERO is BTN Q:diamond: A:heart:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, 1 fold, HERO raises to $0.20, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.16

Flop: 5:spade: K:diamond: 6:heart: ($0.46, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, HERO bets $0.24, UTG+1 calls $0.24

Turn: Q:club: ($0.94, 2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.56, HERO calls $0.56

River: 7:spade: ($2.06, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, HERO checks

Final Pot: $2.06
      UTG+1 shows
      2:heart: A:club:
      HERO shows
      Q:diamond: A:heart:

HERO wins $1.96 (net +$0.96)

UTG+1 lost $1

Stats:
      Villain is 25/20, FCB:0, AF:1, SD:44, 61h

PRE
      My estimated calling range for the villain:
      TT-22,AQo-AJo,KQo,AQs-A8s,KQs-KTs,QJs,JTs

FLOP
      Is it worth to c-bet? Even if he calls all of his range, I`m still behind him equity wise: 42% vs 57%

TURN
      As played, I don`t think he`s the kind I can barrel. He does go to showdown pretty often.

RIVER
      Going to SHD.
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hello!

when you cbet such a flop with a missed hand you do not want villain to call all of his range.
      of course you'll never make him fold a king, but you still can make him fold other better hands such as pocket pairs.

if you think that he's peeling wide (ie, not folding weak pairs to just one cbet) your intention right away should be to fire two barrels.
      that is specially the case if your cbet sizing in this spot is only halfpot. not that it's wrong, but weak pairs will often be very inclined to call at least one bet against such a sizing.

turn call is pretty close, i'd tend to a fold actually...
      you said that he's passive, you have only 2nd pair and there are not a lot of worse hands that he could be leading with.
      as it went though checking behind the river is fine.

on a finishing note, it's somewhat tough to estimate limping ranges without info.
      people usually limp something like small pp, any Ax, most hands with a high card, random connectors, random suited cards and KK+...
      but then of course each player is different, so it's up to you to figure which of these hands he is actually limping with. i would expect a 25/20 player to be raising a lot of the mentioned broadways...