[NL2-NL10] NL5 T7o, 3bet pot! OOP!

• AA91EST
      AA91EST
      Gold
      Don't have much information. Villain was supernova, so i assume he know something how play pokker. We was sitting in 4 tables. My image was tight and i was 3betting with JJ+ AKo hands, what he saw. He was TAG.
      Preflop: My 3bet was because i assume he know that i'm tight and my 3bet is strong. He is TAG but i assume he still steal a wide range of hands.
      FLOP: Standard CBET, i assume hes range is 88-QQ.
      Turn: I think it's easy shove what i assume his range is QQ what beats me and with Sets he would call because still in my range is JJ+,AK

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.79
      MP3:
      $11.41
      CO:
      $5.19
      BU:
      $12.57
      SB (Hero):
      $5.09
      BB:
      $4.48

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, T.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.18, Hero raises to $0.70, BB folds, BU calls $0.52.

Flop: ($1.45) 8, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BU calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.45) T (2 players)
      Hero ?????????
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre is bad. So many better hands to bluff with so just wait for them. Dont mind if u are card dead and one tabling but this is online

I think turn is a cc and u decide on river again whether he could ever be value betting a set or bluffing with 9x or some other weak hand. U are definitely not getting 2 streets of value unless hes really bad but he has a ton of straights in his turn range so i wouldnt try going for too much value.

Btw i rly dislike ur sizing preflop its way too huge. Now that i think abt it his range should be pretty strong given that his open size is strong and he called such a huge 3b so he shoukd be more pocket pairheavy. I also think that he doesnt hav aq and kq too much given preflop and flop cos u showed so much strength with nitty image.

If we only assume he has pocket pairs (sets and straights qq jj tt 99 88 then i think we should be ahead and shojkd shive for value.)

In short ur overly huge preflop sizing shuld tighten up his range significantly so i think ur assessment seems accurate now
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Agree with all what mbml said above.

By turn you only have a slightly more than pot size bet left, so given your hand I don't see other option than to shove. Turn might be a cooler, but I think it is still a shove. The only reason to check would be for pot control (which you don't need because you only have one pot size bet) or because you are worried about better hands. It looks to me like you are pot commited on the flop after such a bet, and probably you both know it.

(Edit: Sorry. Just noticed I thought you were a midstack but you are playing 100BB, fixed my post)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AA91EST,

Preflop: Just fold it, not worth 3betting that loose without really good reason and expectations.

As played
      Postflop: His range is still a lot of PPs as which are sets, I'd just shove the turn and protect from FH/Quads which he might be Checking behind. He ain't bluffing much on the turn anyways. :P

Best Regards.