[NL2-NL10] NL5 A9s facing min 3bet.

• AA91EST
      AA91EST
      Bronze
      Fishy player with 50BB
      He is shortstack should i fold preflop ?, there is great odds so i called.I wanted hit two pairs, trips, flush and then go AI.
      On Flop on Turn i called, i assume he still can hold lot of stronger hands then my A9 so i wanted sheap showdown.
      Should i give up preflop?

On River it's easy fold i guess?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $12.88
      BB:
      $15.94
      CO (Hero):
      $5.00
      BU:
      $2.39

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, 9.
      Hero raises to $0.20, BU raises to $0.45, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.97) 5, 9, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($1.17) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($1.37) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.30, Hero ??????
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre is close. Ur odds are really good. Implied odds are limited. Not sure how often u can realize ur equity.
      Dont mind either calling or folding

On river its just a reqlly weird player dependent spot. Dont forget u showed so much weakness on earlierstreets so he might think u cant call anymore.
      At the same time hes shirtstacked so he did not need to bet huge on earlier streets to get all the money in.

Dont mind ur call and find out what he has though u shuld expect to lose quite often
      Do u win the 33% of the time required to make a profitable call(? I dont really know
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I would definitely raise the turn here, as this kind of play is often draws. If he calls and checks the river, you can check behind, too, which gives you a nice showdown without having to face this trouble.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AA91EST,

I don't mind the flop & turn calldown to find out with what he is min-raising like that. Other option if I'd opt for raising then I'd do it on the flop.

Though on the river it's kinda close, I guess I'd end up calling down to take a look with what he plays this way, his play just doesn't make much of sense.

Best Regards.