PartyPoker not safe?

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi, I am pasting the conversation I just had with live help on PartyPoker -

"sonyage: Welcome to Live Help!
      sonyage: Thanks for the confirmation. Please give me a moment while I retrieve your account details.
      Me: I was playing 6 S&Gs and
      they all just froze
      Me: 2 have restarted but the rest have not
      Me: They are not even listed in the lobby!
      sonyage: There seems to be an issue with the servers at the moment
      sonyage: I apologize for the inconvenience caused
      Me: So what will be done about it
      Me: this is not the first time this has happened to me on Party
      Me: It never happened anywhere else
      sonyage: Our respective team will take care of this
      Me: So what does that mean for me?
      Me: Is my money just gone - along with the points I shld have earned?
      Me: *should*
      Me: Is there any point in me trying to play
      any more today?
      Me: Or would that just be wasting more of my time and money?
      sonyage: We have to check
      sonyage: I am afraid I cannot give you any specific info now
      sonyage: But our respective team is working on this
      Me: Not even to tell me if it safe for me to play on PartyPoker today?
      sonyage: I suggest that you wait for a while and try later
      Me: How long is "a while"?
      Me: is it 10 mins, 2 hours, 6 hours or a few days?
      Me: How will I know when it is safe to play here again?
      sonyage: You can try tomorrow
      Me: That is not good news!
      Me: I will advise my friends on PokerStrategy
      sonyage: I am sorry, but these tech issues happen no matter what we do
      sonyage: Is there anything else now?
      Me: No thanks"

So according to Live Help it is not safe to play on Party until tomorrow ????

You have been warned !! ?(
  • 6 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey fagin

To be fair sometimes the servers just play up however good the software is or however good the IT team is or whatever it just happens. And again sometimes the live support team really doesn't know how long its going to take to fix it or why it happened in the first place, that isn't their department why would they know?

They say there is a problem with the servers so of course they are saying it is their fault and not yours which means you should hopefully be refunded your buy-in, sometimes this takes a while to gather all the data again something beyond the live supports powers.

If you ever feel unsafe playing on ANY site then stop straight away there is no point continuing to play if you feel uneasy/unsafe. In this case you have asked when the issues will be sorted and you have been given an estimation (which is a lot more than most sites will give you, usually it's just "i don't have that information right now")

Like i said if you feel unsafe on any poker room withdraw your funds and play somewhere else but these kind of issues DO happen everywhere from time to time unfortunately.

Regards
      Carl
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi Carl,

part of the issue for me was that this was the second time in less than 2 weeks that this has happened and they seem to think that it is ok to just tell me "these tech issues happen no matter what we do".

I have limited time available to play so I set aside 90 mins to play a set of 8-9 S&Gs. Part of this is to build my knowledge and experience, part to try to improve my BR, and part to gain the required Party Points to release my FDB.

This freeze basically took that 90 mins and threw it away. Very limited addition to my knowledge and this experience I have already tried once and didn't like it that time either. No improvement to my roll, and no party points earned.

I have not had this happen on any other site before - perhaps I've just been lucky over the last 5 years.

They took 4-5 days to refund last time - they refunded me already this time in about 24 hours.

My idea of safe was that I would be safe to play without this happening again which they could not guarantee that day. The other 90 mins I would have played there yesterday I used to do something less likely to cause tilt (X-Box is good for that).

I understand server issues (my brother is in IT), nut that is what backups are for. At work if one server goes down there is another up and running in a few mins. I realise Party probably have a few more servers to deal with but the principle is the same.

Still, I will avoid playing today as tired after 9 hours at work and hope they are sorted by Monday.

Cheers

Fagin
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey sorry i can't really get into much of a discussion about servers and such because im a complete tech fish tbh. I just know that sometimes the backups fail too it's happened to us on PokerStrategy.com before and no doubt will happen again sometime no matter how hard the guys work to keep it online and its the same for poker rooms. I can understand the frustration though it's happened to me a lot over the years :(

Hopefully they will be back to full strength now and next time you won't run into any problems

Originally posted by Fagin
      The other 90 mins I would have played there yesterday I used to do something less likely to cause tilt (X-Box is good for that).

Cheers

Fagin
      What games do you play? HU4rollz? :f_love:
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I will confess to being a Skyrim fan. I enjoy the open world aspect of the game and that after over 200 hours I am still finding things I have not seen before.

HU at Skyrim - can't see it working lol :s_biggrin:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Hey fagin

To be fair sometimes the servers just play up however good the software is or however good the IT team is or whatever it just happens.
      To be fair, i've been playing on stars for over 2 years now and to my knowledge there was no server crash over that period, and i play a lot.

This kind of crap happens on party on regular basis.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fagin
      So according to Live Help it is not safe to play on Party until tomorrow ????

You have been warned !! ?(
      At no stage does the Party Poker live help assistant refer to any issue concerning "safety"