This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 sh AJs

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      BB: $5.54 (138.5 bb)
      UTG: $5.04 (126 bb) 65/12 133 hands
      MP: $2.94 (73.5 bb)
      CO: $0.24 (6 bb)
      BTN: $5.66 (141.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.25 (131.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: J:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.04, MP calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, UTG calls $0.20, MP folds

Flop: ($0.56) J:club: 3:club: K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, UTG calls $0.42

Turn: ($1.40) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1

River: ($3.40) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

ok 2nd barrel ? cause there are a lot of draws out there ott
  • 4 replies
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      If I was thinking about 2nd barrel there, he looks like he is a pretty passive player, so I would ask myself, what worse hands would call this? You're looking at other jx hands and some flush, or gutshot draws. Then on the turn I don't think any lower jx hands would be calling there, nor the gutshots, so I think you are betting to make the flush draws call and higher jx hands, and he seems passive enough he would be calling. The more I think about how passive he is: against this fish I think it is somewhat likely he would be calling with air as well. So against him I, personally, think it's fine. The judges might give a way different answer though.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Any stats on villain?

I will be looking at vpip/pfr, limp/fold, fold to cbet.

If he is passive on flop with a low fold to cbet I might check flop/bet turn. Same if he has a high fold to cbet I suppose, assuming he is staying preflop with any garbage.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I would definitely bet again. Plenty of draws out there against a player who looks like a station.

Sure, he will also be ahead sometimes, but in general, we should be good most of the time. Additionally, this avoids him stealing the pot with nothing on the river quite a few times, which increases our EV on the second barrel even more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello noulispa,

Seems to be pretty standard to 2nd barrel whilst you might even get value from weaker PPs/Jx hands and of course draws. Well played!

Best Regards.