Ipoker credibility

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      I am playing on paddypoker. And what the heck, I've been losing all my dominating hands. And the very last hand just pissed me off. Some fish shove 75o vs my 3bet and i had JJ. He hit runner runner straights. This has been happening the whole day for me. And i went across this website [Edited] It stated that Ipoker has not passed all their tests, specficaly stating that dominated hands tend to get favoured. This is so evident in my session today. Anyhow feels the same way as me about Ipoker?
  • 9 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey tommygecko

I had to remove the link because it was to another affiliate site which is basically advertising our rivals, hope you understand.

As for the thread itself. I'm going to sound a bit like a grumpy old man :D bad beats happen it's a part of poker. I didn't read the link you posted properly it looked shabby and unprofessional but i skimmed over it quickly and underneath where it said not all "tests passed" it said something along the lines of "when we used a bigger sample we couldn't prove the tests were failed" :facepalm:

Also you can't use one session as a sample to say that a site is rigged as i'm sure many people will tell you soon.

I've said already today in another thread that if you don't feel safe on a site ANY site then why keep your money there? It's like a bank if i had some serious doubts about my bank being unsafe my money would be straight out of there you need to feel secure about where you keep your money.

If im wrong then i hold my hands up but i'm pretty sure there was little to none credibility in that link you posted i'm afraid

All the best
      Carl
    • POPSOFPP
      POPSOFPP
      Basic
      Poker sites credibility in general is zero. I have tried all the major ones and documented and statistically tested them over an extensive period of time. Every one of them failed the credibility test with frequent bad beats totally against the odds, to the point where more than 50% of the time I was actually able to predict what the next cards on the turn and river were going to be...inmy opinion every major site is rigged. In Australia we have a large poker league network (live games)with tens of thousands of players involved every day. There are no Aussies who are not convinced of the lack of credibility of all the major sites. I recently found a tournament only site based upon membership which so far has been shown to be honest....watch this space for further bulletins.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by POPSOFPP
      I have tried all the major ones and documented and statistically tested them over an extensive period of time. Every one of them failed the credibility test with frequent bad beats totally against the odds, to the point where more than 50% of the time I was actually able to predict what the next cards on the turn and river were going to be...
      Y U NO MILLIONAIRE?

Sorry i couldn't resit.

But seriously if you have solid proof that sites are rigged why are they still able to operate. And like i said if you are able to predict turn and river cards why aren't you sleeping on a huge pile of money?
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Hey tommygecko

I had to remove the link because it was to another affiliate site which is basically advertising our rivals, hope you understand.

As for the thread itself. I'm going to sound a bit like a grumpy old man :D bad beats happen it's a part of poker. I didn't read the link you posted properly it looked shabby and unprofessional but i skimmed over it quickly and underneath where it said not all "tests passed" it said something along the lines of "when we used a bigger sample we couldn't prove the tests were failed" :facepalm:

Also you can't use one session as a sample to say that a site is rigged as i'm sure many people will tell you soon.

I've said already today in another thread that if you don't feel safe on a site ANY site then why keep your money there? It's like a bank if i had some serious doubts about my bank being unsafe my money would be straight out of there you need to feel secure about where you keep your money.

If im wrong then i hold my hands up but i'm pretty sure there was little to none credibility in that link you posted i'm afraid

All the best
      Carl
      I've made huge progress to clear my bonuses so I'm kind of unwilling to leave yet. Yea I understand there may be no credibility on that website but their tests seems reliable and it's not like they are saying all of online poker is rigged. It seems like they are actually proving otherwise but found out there was some bias in the ipoker data they have. Yes I know bad beats happen and one session is a small sample but it has happened so many times in that sample that whenever I'm ahead on the flop I'm expecting to get sucked out and actually managed to guess the river card a few times ?( It could be insane bad luck but I just found it astonishing that such a large no. of beats can happen in such a small sample.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Bad beats in general can be frustrating, and sure sometime it can feel like your hands just won't hold up. I had a couple of sessions the other day where it felt like just one bad beat after another.

BUT I've also had sessions on ipoker where I don't lose an all in at all when I'm ahead. That shouldn't happen either. Just because you're an 80% fave every time you get your money in, it doesn't mean you should never lose.

Fact is, it's just variance, with no memory of what happened the last time

Bad beats evoke negative emotions in your mind, which stand out more than the standard "80% I won, big woop". It is negative bias.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      poker isn't rigged.

Ipoker on the other hand......lets just say it wouldn't surprise me.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      What you need to remember though is that cards have no memory thats why it does happen sometimes a lot in one session, the same way that you can get super lucky yourself a lot of times in one session but our brains like to remember the beats more than the wins. The key is volume volume volume the more you play the more the variance should even out you keep getting your money in good and you will see results eventually, remember though poker is a long term game so short term results don't matter
    • ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      I play on Ipoker as well and I've lost today 6 buyins with KK, of which 3 times was all in preflop and each time I was against AA.

Get over it!

Bah bye!
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I hope the sites are not rigged, because they can even make profit being honest.

But I think its possible even when they are sertified. Lets say they get certification for one year. They pass the tests and so on. But who checks if the next day the software is the same as it was during certification?

I mean the certification companies do not have access to the servers where poker cards are generated. So the generator can be quickly changed once the certification says that they want to check. Once they check, generator can be replaced again, and so on.

Also - do they certificate the software every time they make small updates? When making small update of some functionality, the RNG again can be adjusted at the same time.