[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL4 A8s 12-10-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $1.35 (33.8 bb)
      MP2: $7.90 (197.5 bb)
      MP3: $4.82 (120.5 bb)
      CO: $3.82 (95.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.08 (27 bb)
      Hero (SB): $4.02 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $5 (125 bb)
      UTG+2: $5.97 (149.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 A
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.16, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.52, BB folds, CO calls $0.36

Flop: ($1.08) Q 6 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.08) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.81, CO calls $0.81

River: ($2.70) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Not sure what I tried to achieve here, I was deffentially on a tilt, I think my plan was to get small PP to fold or other Ax hands.
      Still not sure why the guy called even heh...

Guess I even felt preassured felt they all where stealing, this defence should have been a fold preflop?

Villain:
  • 7 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Well, you tilt rather well I would say if you only loose that amount, lol. When I tilt I go for full buy-in in a single hand :D

All depends on his stats. How much is his steal from CO? How much is his fold steal to 3bet? How much have you been playing back from SB?

Also, who is on the BB?

I usually go for a fold there. However, if his steal/fold to re-steal is good, then it looks like a good squeeze to me :)
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      steal from CO 35%
      fold to steal 3bet no stats there as I can see.

BB:
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      (Guy on BB seems pretty tight so from that point of view it would be fine)

With that kind of hand I like re-stealing in that spot vs. players that show a much bigger steal and have some guarantees on their fold to re-steal. Otherwise it would be mostly a fold for me.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      The turn bet is completely unnecessary. If you decide to put pressure on him, you have to do it on the flop and possibly again on the turn and then very rarely even on the river. Only the turn bet will not make him let go of almost anything.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting in first place here? Do you expect to have FE?

As played
      Postflop: Check/Fold the turn as well, you ain't representing anything and now even better Ax hands call you, you ain't making better hands to fold. ;)

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting in first place here? Do you expect to have FE?
      I assumed I had fold equity yes, I guess it was perhaps not the best player to do it on.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Originally posted by veriz
      I assumed I had fold equity yes, I guess it was perhaps not the best player to do it on.
      Not really as long he is also rather looser side.