Help with went to showdown percentage

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I wanted to share a problem i have with you and see if you can help me solve it.

The last two months i noticed an increasing tendency to my WTSD stat that from 28% that it was for a long time (100k hands) has been an issue the last 90k hands by being 30,5% .

I do not know what changed on my game and i don't know how to lower the stat now.Though, I have to note that my W$TSD is 58% and W$WSF is 43% which i think is decent, i just have the impression that WTSD has to be around 25-27% with small deviations been plausible.

So i am wondering, is that target i 've set to reach to ambitious for the micros where people tend to check down way more ?
      And if the target is ok what are the steps i should take to find the leaks i have? or more straightforwardly what i am possibly doing wrong ?

Thnx in advance.
  • 6 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      that is actually a pretty great w$sd.

if you're managing to maintain that wtsd+w$sd over such a sample it either means that you are running reeeeeeaaaally great over a long period of time or that you are just soul owning the hell out of everyone on the limit.
      that's for you to evaluate :f_biggrin:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      that is actually a pretty great w$sd.

if you're managing to maintain that wtsd+w$sd over such a sample it either means that you are running reeeeeeaaaally great over a long period of time or that you are just soul owning the hell out of everyone on the limit.
      that's for you to evaluate :f_biggrin:
      Actually another reason for his wtsd being high and w$sd high as well can easily be that he's playing too passive. If his not agro enough and doesn't make his opponents fold in some spots and goes to showdown instead it can easily adds up to 5 points to wtsd.

Not bluffing and/or valuebetting thin enough can make a huge difference on your wtsd stat. His wwsf is also low at 43 which could be due to low agg.
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Thnx for stopping by to help guys,

So Tomaloc you are suggesting that there is nothing wrong with my wtsd as long my w$sd is high. That is a relief.

And MatejM47 you think that it might be that i do not bluff much. On that i have to agree with you, when i multi-table on NL4 bluffing is synonym to suicide and i love my time to just kill it. When i play though on NL10 4 tables i think i do the best i can versus certain opponents.

That being said is not that i do not semi-bluff. For example i double barrel guys who fold to turn cbets and have high call pfr and check raise flush draws vs decent late position openers or some TAGS. Ofcourse, that does not mean that i am aggressive. I just have AF over 2.

When i pure bluff on NL 4 i just want to slap myself on the face afterwards, even if i succeed . It hurts to multi-barrel bluff your stack off on AT6 K 3 and get called by QQ...ALOT !!!

Your replies were both helpfull guys, thank you.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I didn't say that not being agressive enough is a leak, its likely an optimal style if you play the micro's where fish to reg ratio is high and your fold equity is lower. I just wanted to let you know that there are different factors that effect your wtsd stat, not just being to call down happy.

You can have 2 guys both having wtsd 25 and one guy having 5af and the other one has 2af. The one with 5af is pushing ppl off hands which lowers his wtsd so his likely to be more of a station then the 2af guy who doesn't make ppl fold as often. So when your bluffing and looking at their wtsd you also have to check their AF to make sure their wtsd isn't lower due to their agression not their folding frequency.

And as stated before as long as your W$SD is over 52% you shouldn't be worrying about your wtsd.
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Thnx again MatejM47,

I really appreciate that you stop by to explain me in more detail how AF affects wtsd.

Now i feel more relaxed and ready to focus on other aspects of my game that really need to be fixed.
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Hi guys i wanted to post something relevant to the opening post i made several months before so i didn't want to create a new thread.

I have a friend who showed me his database for the last 3 months of playing. He plays quite an unorthodox, to say the least, winning game and he has managed to make money with it.

Anyway his stats are on 174k hand sample 31/23/1.6 with a winrate of 7bb! The even more amazing imo is that he has WTSD 33,6 and W$SD 55,6.

I didn't know what to say to him. I felt that he is running really hot for a ridiculous amount of time and that he has to change at least some things on his game. But with that sample and winrate on 25NL and 50NL i choose not to say a thing.

Is it just me or this is weird.