This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A4's miniraise - Postflop

• mateuszrybinski
      mateuszrybinski
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $5.37
      SB: $1.69
      Hero (BB): $1.98
      UTG: $4.30

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 4:club: A:club:

fold, BTN raises to $0.04, fold, Hero calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.09, 2 players) 9:heart: 6:diamond: Q:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.09, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero bets $0.04, BTN calls $0.04

River: ($0.17, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.16, fold

Pre flop
      How could I played this hand better. I don't know so much about my opponent. I'm on BB and SB miniraise. I threat this reaise as a limp and by the chart I play the hand.

flop
      I check/fold but the villan also checks.

River
      I think that my mini reaise was very bad, it will only work as a pot-swetener but I thouth that I should put in 50% of the pot becoase I have odds to get flush.

How do you do when the pot is so small? Do you follow the normal wisdom to use pot%bet or do you do samething else?

Turn
      I get top pair and bet 100% of the pot. I feel that I needed to protect my hand with low kicker but now when I see the hand I feel that I should placed a 50% to get him till call and fold when he rereaises. Is this better play based on that I don't know anything about the opponent?
  • 1 reply
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi mateuszrybinski,

Your hand works better as a 3bet bluff if you want to play it.

I'd bet bigger on the turn to have more FE.

River bet is a little too big, I'd got few cents lower since we are targetting a range of Qx and lower value hands (it's not like he is going to call with a worse Ax).

Best regards.