double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Is c/r flop so bad?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Don't like Check/Raising the flop either whilst we have pretty good equity in our hand. We can't represent that much with the Check/Raise and his range also hits such a board so we wont have that much fold equity.

Though I don't like the Call on the turn whilst you just don't have implied odds there, might even reversed implied odds.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Don't like Check/Raising the flop either whilst we have pretty good equity in our hand. We can't represent that much with the Check/Raise and his range also hits such a board so we wont have that much fold equity.

Why can't we check/raise?

What is the difference between check/raising a flush and check/raising an OESD on a flop that somewhat hits our opponent's range? I have been under the impression that taking the aggressive route with draws is usually the best way to play them. At least FDs and at least OOP when we usually don't have the implied odds for a turn call + have fold equity + build a bigger pot for bigger payouts when we do hit :(

Though I don't like the Call on the turn whilst you just don't have implied odds there, might even reversed implied odds.

Would it be hasty to assume that our opponent would likely very often bet bigger with a strong hand, i.e., one vs which we would have to discount a lot of our outs, i.e. Jx, 77 and TT? If that is true, then are we really not getting good enough odds vs his range for a call?
      All of our outs are clean vs his Tx (not TT/JT though), which seems like a possible holding given his small betsize. He could even have an underpair or a semi-bluff. We have to win the pot 27% of all times for the turn call to be +EV and we have 14 outs vs most of his weaker holdings. If we were to assume that he is more likely on a weaker hand, this is a pretty easy call to make, isn't it? And even if he does have Jx (not the FH though), we have straight outs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Why can't we check/raise?

Why would you Check/Raise? You said yourself "on a flop that somewhat hits our opponent's range", so why would you Check/Raise then? If he practically continues big part of his range.

Whilst we have equity vs any hands there with our OESD and allows also to get a turn card, whilst with Check/Raising you clearly have to fold to a 3bet. Also he is capable of Checking behind the turn with mediocre hands against ONCE AGAIN we have equity. So what do you achieve with the Check/Raise than just representing rather narrow range whilst having a lot of draws which do that.

We have straights outs which ain't clean, we have overcard outs which ain't clean, we are OOP which means we very likely ain't even getting any value once we hit. So what's the point of calling?