delay turn bet is the best play
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by mbml
      delay turn bet is the best play
      Why? Can you ellaborate?

I would say that I don't like that ISO raise, too trashy of a hand. I also would say that if not to cbet that flop, why iso raise in the first place?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Fold it preflop, what were you even thinking of raising such hands? :P

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment. Though I'd ask how you planning to earn profit with your hand? :)

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment. Though I'd ask how you planning to earn profit with your hand? :)

Best Regards.
      Don't really know. It just feels like isolating fish with a lot of hands (playable hands - mostsly suited hands) whilst having position = +++EV. But yes indeed vs his stacksize I agree this is too marginal.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

As played

Best Regards.
      Don't really know. It just feels like isolating fish with a lot of hands (playable hands - mostsly suited hands) whilst having position = +++EV. But yes indeed vs his stacksize I agree this is too marginal.
      Go to your tracker and set up filters for raising a limper and get your answer how profitable you are doing there. So far have seen the hands you use for isolating, I'd somehow assume it's not doing that good.
      Bronze
      Preflop: Fold it preflop, what were you even thinking of raising such hands?

Not doable even vs a fullstacked fish?

If he is a calling station we gain profit from postflop value bets with our pairs and stronger hands – if he is extremely loose postflop, we can even overbet our very strong hands.

And if he is folding a lot postflop then we can just easily take the pot down postflop.

The hand still has some playability.

Though we do get in a lot of marginal "to cBet or not to" situations on the flop since sometimes we won't always be able to clearly and validly classify our opponent as either a CS or a postflop nit because our sample is often too small vs fish + we might talk ourselves into cBetting marginal flops with marginal backdoors.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Preflop: Fold it preflop, what were you even thinking of raising such hands?

Not doable even vs a fullstacked fish?

If he is a calling station we gain profit from postflop value bets with our pairs and stronger hands – if he is extremely loose postflop, we can even overbet our very strong hands.

And if he is folding a lot postflop then we can just easily take the pot down postflop.

The hand still has some playability.

Though we do get in a lot of marginal "to cBet or not to" situations on the flop since sometimes we won't always be able to clearly and validly classify our opponent as either a CS or a postflop nit because our sample is often too small vs fish + we might talk ourselves into cBetting marginal flops with marginal backdoors.
      We clearly ain't against full stack, ain't we? You are very likely facing at least a Call from 1 guy whilst also having loose players behind you who may join the pot, so clearly the hand isn't that good to go for iso-raise whilst you ain't raising for value nor you can't make them fold postflop. Plus of course just get called from hands which dominate you.