DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $25.78
      BB: $45.73
      UTG: $31.34
      MP: $25.12
      CO: $25.00
      Hero (BTN): $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with J :heart: T :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $2.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($6.00) A :spade: K :diamond: 2 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3

Turn: ($12.00) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($12.00) K :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

he showed QT.. tilting --'. Can't beat nl25.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you cannot barrel turn unless he has a lot of gutshots and KX which fold always
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      If MP is unkwnon I don't like the 3bet. If you know that BB is fish I would prefer a flat.

That said I think it's nice hand. Make a note on SB.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

If you are 3betting those hands then you should also look towards CBetting such boards, though we ain't really happy about it of course whilst I expect very often hit such a board. Though wouldn't 2nd barrel whilst doubt that we have that much fold equity.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      If you are 3betting those hands then you should also look towards CBetting such boards, though we ain't really happy about it of course whilst I expect very often hit such a board.

The only hands that likely fold to one bet on the flop are QQ–TT and we block some JJ-TT combos. Sometimes Kx can fold, but it can certainly call as well.

That said, should we really cBet this flop?

We have rather slim chances of improving vs any Ax + Kx hands that call the flop, which should be a large part of his range.

I don't agree with the flop 3Bet either, that is, unless we know that villain calls 3Bets OOP with a wide range and/or plays bad postflop. Or unless he folds very often. Because otherwise he may even 4Bet often and then we would have wasted a playable hand whereas if he indeed would fold a lot to 3Bets and 4bet the rest, we would have been much better off using a hand that has less playability and/or more blockers.

But if we recognize the 3bet as a mistake it is, can we not just simply give up on this kind of a board? We have only 4 GS outs. Not even a backdoor FD.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The only hands that likely fold to one bet on the flop are QQ–TT and we block some JJ-TT combos. Sometimes Kx can fold, but it can certainly call as well.

That said, should we really cBet this flop?

Please provide me the information, how do you set opponent on such a range while hero said he is unknown. So why would you put him on a range which is only nutted range. Though you also say that he could have Kx. How does that come together if he calls with loose Kx range, though he doesn't have some weaker PPs in his range? Nor cause we block the J & T doesn't mean that he can't have them.

But if we recognize the 3bet as a mistake it is, can we not just simply give up on this kind of a board? We have only 4 GS outs. Not even a backdoor FD.

That's what you are saying that 3betting a mistake but I just don't see how it could be a mistake. How you planning to find out then either he calls you light or not if you don't 3bet even? :D