This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bad luck either destroys you or makes you the man you really are

• hang1126
      hang1126
      Bronze
      Hi Guys, this is Hang. I am starting a blog here for the first time.

I actually had started a similar kind of blog on other site few months ago but I lost my motivation to keep updating it and let it die away after just a few updates.

Somehow I just got the feeling for having a blog again recently and decide to start on a new place so hopefully I will be able to keep on updating it here this time.

I am not going to write a long paragraph here to introduce myself or how I got into the poker world, but FYI I am 22 from Hong Kong, currently playing stt for living on stars. $15 9man K.Os are my main game and I also mix in some $15 normal turbos or $7 K.Os from time to time.

I have set up two goals for myself actually before the start of this month.

1. Achieving supernova by the end of the year - Before this month I still got 48.6K VPPS to clear for achieving SN. So my plan is to play at least 20 days/month for the remaining 3 months . And I have to clear 800VPPs for each day I play and that's roughly 160 games at the $15s.
      That's quite difficult for me as I am so damn lazy and often find excuses to not play but I am willing to try my best to do that, at least for this time... :tongue:

2. 10K profits for the remaining 3 months in this year - That's no doubt not an easy goal to achieve at. But as long as I can maintain my win rate I have so far this year which is about $1 per game pre rakeback + a little bit run good, I do believe I can do that.
      Unfortunately though, the pokerstars doomswitch seems to be turned on again for me lately, I won't be able to do that if that continues... but as the title of my blog says 'Bad luck either destroys you or makes you the man you really are', I am ready to fight against the variance bitch and won't let it destroy me by any means. :D

Speaking of that, the saying actually comes form the American TV show "The Killing" which is an awesome show I just finished recently. Highly recommend that to you if you are bored and looking sth to spend the time for.

That's pretty much all the things I want to include for my 1st post in this blog. And just for fun I will post some graphs of my result this year in my next post.

Thanks for taking your time reading my blog. Have fun and GL. :)

Disclaimer : My English is not that good, so please forgive me for my spelling or gramma mistakes if any. Also, I am not a blog-savvy guy like many others in here, so you will probably find this blog quite boring. :tongue:
  • 2 replies
    • hang1126
      hang1126
      Bronze
      As I said I am going to post some of my result graphs, here they are..
      (All games are played this year, most of them are turbos very few are normal speed.)

$7 K.Os
      dun play much at $7s but run decently good on them. :)

$15 K.Os
      I wonder will I ever be able to catch up the EV line? ;(

$15 normal turbo stt
      obviously run very bad in them. X(

$30 K.Os
      LOL sample size, actually just started throw in some $30s last month and obviously run very hot in them. :evil:

All STT played this year
      I really need to learn how to run good... ;(

Result for best month this year
      Last month is my best month so far this year, I dun got any any single losing day that month. :D

Worst downswing in a day
      That's the biggest lost in one day in my life and it just happened yesterday actually, dropped neraly $500 while EV went up $160
      but somehow I hardly got any feeling about that... :f_confused:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there hang and wlcome to blogs. :)

Ah 'downswings', gotta love them eh? X(

turbos are cruel as far as I'm concerned but have fun with them anyway! Lol.

Oh and your English is fine, in fact, better than a lot of English people I know.

Best regards - and run good,

Mal.