MP: $33.73 - VPIP: 7, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 30
      CO: $29.40 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 38, 3B: 33, AF: 1.4, Hands: 34
      BTN: $38.37 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 22, 3B: 8, AF: 0.0, Hands: 79
      Hero (SB): $25.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 3.6, Hands: 521991
      BB: $29.08 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 37
      UTG: $28.89 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 1.6, Hands: 1360

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 9 :heart: K :club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) K :diamond: J :spade: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.07, BB calls $1.07

Turn: ($3.64) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, BB calls $2.25

River: ($8.14) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.33, Hero folds
  • 9 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      nooo please call. he's 19/11 so he's probably kind of bad. Look at his River AF and compare it to F and T AF. Usually this sort of player will have higher River AF and these guys tend to bluff rivers after they miss.

Also fishes like to bet small and make cheap bluffs. Just call this. Regs don't bluff with such sizings but fishes do
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by mbml
      nooo please call. he's 19/11 so he's probably kind of bad. Look at his River AF and compare it to F and T AF. Usually this sort of player will have higher River AF and these guys tend to bluff rivers after they miss.

Also fishes like to bet small and make cheap bluffs. Just call this. Regs don't bluff with such sizings but fishes do
      Interesting :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

You can't really check AF on the river for 37 hands, so I would rather base on the dynamics how we saw the guy. Though I agree that he could still even have missed draws in his range there as well. Whatever you felt doing is the best, don't see anything dramatic not to Check/Call it if we also assume he is rather passive.

Another option would be to Bet yourself vs his Jx holdings for value if we assume he is a loose player + also avoid him turning some missed draws into bluff.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      I'm not sure I would be classifying our opponent as a fish from such a small sample size. For that reason I also don't really think that we can check/call the river unless we really know that he is a fish. Because he can still turn out to be a reg and if a reg bets this small, it looks more like a thin valuebet. And there are a lot of Kx hands in his range that beat ours as well as 87 (87 might bet bigger though).

If we have no reason to believe that our opponent is a loose and a bad player, can we not just check/fold the river, assuming that a reg very often bets better Kx hands this small for thin value on this river and bluffs bigger in order to have more fold equity, thus trying to represent KJ or even T9?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I'm not sure I would be classifying our opponent as a fish from such a small sample size. For that reason I also don't really think that we can check/call the river unless we really know that he is a fish. Because he can still turn out to be a reg and if a reg bets this small, it looks more like a thin valuebet. And there are a lot of Kx hands in his range that beat ours as well as 87 (87 might bet bigger though).

If we have no reason to believe that our opponent is a loose and a bad player, can we not just check/fold the river, assuming that a reg very often bets better Kx hands this small for thin value on this river and bluffs bigger in order to have more fold equity, thus trying to represent KJ or even T9?
      What's the question? :P
      Bronze
      If we have no reason to believe that our opponent is a loose and a bad player, can we not just check/fold the river, assuming that a reg very often bets this small for thin value on this river and usually bluffs bigger in order to have more fold equity?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If we have no reason to believe that our opponent is a loose and a bad player, can we not just check/fold the river, assuming that a reg very often bets this small for thin value on this river and usually bluffs bigger in order to have more fold equity?
      What kind of hands does he Bet for thin value? :)
      Bronze
      What kind of hands does he Bet for thin value?

To be honest, it's difficult to find anything else besides KQ and maybe KT that might pick such a sizing for value.
      But wouldn't we be surprised to see a reg/TAG chose such a small betsize as a bluff?
      Or is it still possible?

There are quite a few busted draws though + we can't know for sure that
      a) our opponent is a reg
      b) he is betting with this sizing only for value

We just don't have that information.

So I guess check/calling is not only fine but likely even preferable?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What kind of hands does he Bet for thin value?

To be honest, it's difficult to find anything else besides KQ and maybe KT that might pick such a sizing for value.
      But wouldn't we be surprised to see a reg/TAG chose such a small betsize as a bluff?
      Or is it still possible?

There are quite a few busted draws though + we can't know for sure that
      a) our opponent is a reg
      b) he is betting with this sizing only for value

We just don't have that information.

So I guess check/calling is not only fine but likely even preferable?
      Can't see any problem with Check/Calling whilst the reg may just make exactly you to think that he is trying to get thin value, though bets with missed draw. :) Or just made a misclick. :P