This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl25 77

• livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $25.00
      MP2:
      $29.64
      MP3:
      $31.36
      CO:
      $25.67
      BU:
      $25.13
      SB:
      $28.19

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.1) 9, T, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($3.1) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50.

River: ($8.1) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.75

Final Pot: $8.1.

Villian is big fish.

Nh? (river value sizing ok?)
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      wouldn't mind betting the flop right away unless you are scared of getting raised

i think turn is fine but maybe don't bet so big.
      River seems a little big as well. KJ got there too. In order to remain >50% equity against his calling range we need to bet smaller to ensure that we keep his calling range wide. Fishes look at 35% pot size bets and just shrug-call all the time.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      wouldn't mind betting the flop right away unless you are scared of getting raised

i think turn is fine but maybe don't bet so big.
      River seems a little big as well. KJ got there too. In order to remain >50% equity against his calling range we need to bet smaller to ensure that we keep his calling range wide. Fishes look at 35% pot size bets and just shrug-call all the time.
      In this case if we bet 35% river you are not concerned about getting bluff raised?
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      You don't think its -EV cbetting here on flop against fish on this wet board?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello livethelife7,

I like the play and I don't see any reason to CB such a flop whilst we rarely going to have enough of fold equity nor equity vs the range calls us. Though I am not a huge fan of such a Bet size on the river unless we are against a huge fish, I'd go over something like 1/2 pot size up to 60% max.

Best Regards.