[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl25 Aa

• livethelife7
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BU raises to $2.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.85) K, K, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($4.85) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75, BU calls $2.75.

River: ($10.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.75, BU raises to $10.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.1.

Villain unknown, saw him couple rounds earlier 3bet an utg raise from a tight player with K7s and made some aggressive moves.

I thought he is capable of 3betting light so I flat his 3bet, to c/r or c/c the flop dependent on the board.

When I played the hand I thought at the turn and river I could get some value from AQ.

What are you thinking of my line here as played?.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      I hate your river size. It's telling him "Please bluff me, I don't have trips or a flush, I have AQ"

If i made such a weak looking bet it would be with the intention of calling a raise. You have AA so you block AK and I think AK wouldn't slowplay flop so you are mostly looking at 4 combos of fullhouses. I don't really give him credit for a flush because he would probably bet his 78 of hearts on the Flop. Unless he has QX of hearts.

I would definitely prefer betting 65% pot just to go for value against QX. If he raises then I think likelihood of him bluffing is much lesser so I wouldn't mind folding.
    • veriz
      Hello livethelife7,

Preflop: 4bet it and gain dynamics. Especially vs unknown I don't really see why you would call it vs such a 3bet + being OOP. If you start to call 3bets being OOP then what are you 4betting? Those hands which you always fold aka you are exploited and he could be just continue 3betting & 5bet-shoving a lot of his range.

As played
      Postflop: Bet the turn & river bigger and don't make your hand quite easy to read. At least it's good that he didn't see your hand which from his view I'd be just abusing you hardly.

Best Regards.