Cash games & SNG's

• salflip
      Lately I have started playing allot of SNG's as I find playing cash games day in and day out to get a bit repetitive

At the moment I'm really getting into them, but I find that my cash game play is affecting my SNG game (playing slightly more conservative)

especially in push any 2 situations

does anyone else find that cash game play affects there SNG game or is it just me & do you have a preference for one or the other?
  • 2 replies
    • jmackenzie
      I get your point about playing more conservatively on SNG's after cash games, but you have to remember that these to game types are affectively two different games with very different strategies.

Also the push any 2 situations arnt for everyone and i personally only recommend doing this if you are very short-stacked say under 5bb, but really its up to you.

I personally prefer SNG's as the play changes as time goes on. Aswell as that you may find players tend to play worse doing different stages of the game and you can exploit that rather easily.
    • cannell555
      I really don't think that one game affects the other for me. If you choose to mix it up and play both types, you need to not let one affect the other. You should only play two SnG's at a time, if you think your making mistakes.

I don't think cash games are repetitive, I think theres so many different situations you get into. I play SnG's on one platform, and cash games on the other. I just play what I have time for, and what I feel like playing. Its true that SnG's are usually more fun to play, as theres alot more strategy involved, and many more situations you get into.