[NL20-NL50] NL20sh Fast: Overpair vs pot bets

• yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      no stats on villain as my hud doesnt work for fast holdem on titan.

should we consider raising flop?

if we do not raise flop, then just call turn? or get in?

IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $6.57 (32.9 bb)
      BB: $40.15 (200.7 bb)
      CO: $26.30 (131.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $48.84 (244.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      CO raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.70) T 7 8 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

Turn: ($5.10) 4 (2 players)
      CO bets $5.10, [color=red]Hero.....
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you are deep, board is really coordinated. you are overrepping your hand by raising. I find it hard to get multiple streets of value by raising unless this guy is really bad and stacks off with all TX hands.

Now Call, and Call most blank rivers. Probably flush rivers too, fold on coordinating cards. A and K are tricky but i probably call too, unless it's Ad or Kd
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yougotfelted51,

Preflop: I'd 3bet for value vs CO here with our hand.

As played
      Flop: Raising flop vs pot size Bet doesn't really make sense, you kinda turning your hand into bluff than raising it for value. If he goes for the 3bet what's your plan? Most likely just Call it and reevaluate the turn.
      Turn: Though I'd be rather willing to fold whilst he pots it again on the turn. Doesn't really make sense to Call the turn either whilst he can easily just ship the river. While it's also fast poker I expect the betting ranges which pot here be very strong which just tries to protect. Going for Call & Call the river would equal practically the same as Raise/Going broke on the flop.

What kind of range do you think is betting 2x pot size on the flop & turn? Do you even see him doing that with just pure FD whilst he could just pick normal sizes.

Best Regards.