[NL20-NL50] NL20sh Fast: set on wet board

• yougotfelted51
      no stats- hud doesnt work on titan fast poker

basically about turnplay

should we bet/fold here? problem with that is we may get raised off the best hand by pair +fd etc.
      do we check call and then call any blank (non flush) river?

IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $17.94 (89.7 bb)
      BB: $15.86 (79.3 bb)
      CO: $24.43 (122.2 bb)
      BTN: $21.20 (106 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) K 9 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90

Turn: ($3) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

River: ($7.80) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $5.20, Hero folds

$7.80 pot ($0.39 rake)
      Final Board: K 9 Q T 7
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$3.90 net)
      BB mucked and won $7.41 ($3.51 net)
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      this is a really opponent dependent spot. i dont think he will raise the turn light but I think we have too much equity to bet and get blasted off the hand

I think vs unknown perhaps c/c c/c. He reps really narrow, may occasionally valuebet 2pairs which you beat and has many busted flush draws so you need to call here i think.
    • veriz
      Hello yougotfelted51,

Rarely see him value-betting 2pairs in that spot, he has to be really bad for it. :D Though before coming to the play I'd add that if you playing BSS then use auto-rebuy. :P

As we take into account that we would need ~30% equity to even be break-even Call here, I'd say it's close spot either to Check/Call even river. Disagree on the part that he is representing a narrow range. Cause he has a lot of Jx hands in his range than he has wide bluffing range. Which means he really has to have wide range to be bluffing which means even Qx hands which are turned into bluff to be able to call it down here.

Whilst the guy is also rather not even a full stack player we can assume he isn't the best player either. Which indicates that he might also be rather looser aka will be also more often passive. Therefore I'd tend to Check/Call the turn and Check/Shove if improved and without it rather leave it alone.

Best Regards.