BB: $102.75 (205.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 7 K 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, CO raises to $16, Hero folds

Anon table.

CO is a reg. Standard? I dont think to have enough implied odds oop on the turn to call. All my outs are obvious, plus I have to donk in case I hit.
  • 5 replies
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Whats your reason for your second barrel here/what range are you thinking to fold here on the turn?
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by livethelife7
      Whats your reason for your second barrel here/what range are you thinking to fold here on the turn?
      Turn T improves his range as well (QJ/QT/T9s/98s) as my equity, and of course he could have Kx/77/99, but he could fold 7x, PPs, Ax floats.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Not sure if I am a huge fan of 2nd barreling such a card which rather improves his range. We obviously gain more equity but at the same time his calling range has also improved. Therefore I'd be rather Check/Folding the turn instead.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Not sure if I am a huge fan of 2nd barreling such a card which rather improves his range. We obviously gain more equity but at the same time his calling range has also improved. Therefore I'd be rather Check/Folding the turn instead.

Should we then not just check/fold the flop if we can't even profitably 2nd barrel with such a juicy additional equity spiked on the turn?

Or do we cBet the flop because we assume him to very often just give up on the flop anyway since he has a lot of set-mining PPs in his range, given that it is COvsMP?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91

Should we then not just check/fold the flop if we can't even profitably 2nd barrel with such a juicy additional equity spiked on the turn?

Or do we cBet the flop because we assume him to very often just give up on the flop anyway since he has a lot of set-mining PPs in his range, given that it is COvsMP?
      Whatever hand he called on the flop I can't really see him often enough folding the turn. So what's the purpose of 2nd barreling? We might be already having reversed cards which don't give us any equity as vs QJ for example.