can't play four tables sometimes

• mateuszrybinski
      mateuszrybinski
      Bronze
      I just had this problem where I needed to play on four tables postflop.

I gut AK, AK, Monster, JJ at the sometime.

Do anyone have any good idea what to do than? I want o play on more tables but I feel that this was really a decaster, really stressful.
  • 7 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      gradually move up to a greater amount of tables only when you feel comfortable with your current amount. maybe move down to three tables for awhile until your comfort level increases.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      This is probably not the answer you are looking for, but still:

Play fewer tables at higher stakes!

It makes it less of an old fashioned video game and more challenging intellectually.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      There will be the odd time when you get dealt monsters on all your tables. It's pretty rare though. Not worth dropping down tables. Just accept it happens sometimes.

Most 24 tablers would be screwed if they got dealt strong hands on all 24 tables at once. But it hardly ever happens.

Make full use of your timebank and prioritise tables with the lowest time-bank first.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey guys

I've moved this thread to the more relevant board :)

As for your problem i think that the answer is just practice. The more you play the quicker you get at making good decisions and therefore the more tables you can play. Of course everyone has a limit and once they get to a certain amount of tables they start to play like a robot and are pretty exploitable.

Have you thought about dropping down to 3 or even 2 tables just for now? And when you find yourself having time to check forums or facebook or are getting bored or whatever instead of fully concentrating on the games then it's time to open up another table. I'm not saying you HAVE to wait until this point or that if you do it will be easy to play another table or 2 though. Just keep playing and practicing and soon it will become like 2nd nature

All the best
      Carl
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey,

it makes completely no sense to play multiple tables until you can crush the game by 1-tabling on a certain limit. So start with that and then gradually move up. If you are really crushing the game, the decisions will be easy - if the decisions are hard/too many at a time, you are definitely not crushing the game - you have to think too much whereas your decisions should be automatic.

Here's a great article on increasing the amount of tables that you play: Learn to multi table by Jared Tandler.

I hope this helps!

-SF
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Here's a great article on increasing the amount of tables that you play: Learn to multi table by Jared Tandler.

I hope this helps!

-SF
      Yeah, it sure did!
      For some reason, I had missed the entire "Specials" section of the strategy articles.

There is GREAT stuff in there!
      --VS
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Wish I had this problem.

I just 4 tabled for about 700 hands and got about 3 premiums all day.

If you are determined to play foru tables and you struggle in these situations maybe gave one or two priority depending on which hands are the strongest, which table has the fishiest players that most likely will give you action.

Like say you have AA, AK, JJ and flopped a monster on your fourth table. Let the the AK and JJ time out if you can't get to them in time and focus on getting paid off with your monster hand and your AA.