mrjorisa's Poker Career: A Brand New Start

• mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      I've been playing at FTP since April and have experience my fair share of ups and downs. Recently I started to make quite a nice streak but lost it all when I went on tilt over 2 days. Down but not out, I decided to start with a new bankroll and play disciplined winning poker, slowly grinding and moving back up. Hopefully by starting this blog I'll be able to maintain my discipline and not go crazy tilt and lose my bankroll.

I'm starting with a new bankroll of $132 (i had $32 remaining before i made my new deposit) and will be playing SSS on NL25. I'll be posting charts and hands of my progress as I move along. I did a little list of goals to aim for to try to spur me on as well:

Short term goals
      1. Play disciplined winning poker
      2. Control my tilt
      3. Actively post hands in the forums
      4. Stick to a conservative BRM

Long term goals
      1. Be self sustainable playing poker
      2. Move up to eventually play BSS on higher limits

I'll try my best to update my progress after every playday! GL to myself (:
  • 7 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I hate RBM, so so much. Thats why I started tilting..because of bankroll management.. bacause I had like 700usd and was still on NL5 and every moderator told me thas there's noo need to hurry. Actually there is.. 20 stacks for limit, no more! or you'll start playing for "cents" equal to your bankroll
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrjorisa
      I decided to start with a new bankroll and play disciplined winning poker,
      You decided to start playing winning poker? Is it that easy, if so I think I'll decide to be a millionaire tomorrow if thats ok.
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      by disciplined winning poker i meant sticking to the articles and dont gamble with hands i should fold.
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      after my first playday I'm down slightly by about 10 buyins. Havent been hitting anything on the flop and being bad beated all the way with AA KK. :( Hope this dry streak ends soon or I'll be in trouble
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrjorisa
      after my first playday I'm down slightly by about 10 buyins. Havent been hitting anything on the flop and being bad beated all the way with AA KK. :( Hope this dry streak ends soon or I'll be in trouble
      What do you do when you dont hit?
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      i usually fold to a raise or cbet in position and get reraised. I seem to keep running into AK vs any pocket pairs and not hitting anything :(
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      It happens:) After all Ak vs any pocket pair bellow have 45% chance to win ;)

If you losed some money probably you should move down limit.

Playing with only 20 stacks is risky.