Knowing Me Knowing You - Q&A video

• EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hello PokerStrategy members,

As you might know, I'm currently producing a microstakes series called Knowing Me Knowing You, with fellow member DrDunne.

We were thinking what format could we make one of the following videos and I believe a Q&A video will be quite good for viewers. From now until Thursday, midnight GMT, you can post questions you have regarding things you feel were not clear enough and deserve more attention or things completely untouched.

It doesn't have to be just theory questions, it can be anything related to poker, from game theory to being a poker player. We will choose some of the most interesting ones and feature them in one of the following episodes.

I do have one request: if you have a question regarding one of the hands in the previous videos, ask in the special comment section. This video will try and cover most interesting topics microstakes grinders struggle with.

Waiting for your questions!

Regards,
      Manu.
  • 12 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Well I keep struggling with multiway pots :( There soo many fish and I get into to many multiway pots.

Also how to play OOP. Sometimes it just happens.
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Hey EmanuelC16,
      I think I love you :f_love:
      I think this vid will be very valuable to many players (myself included.)

Will have several questions but shall brainstorm and post them all together.
      Just wanted to show some gratitude in advance.

MD
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You only have until midnight GMT to post guys! Go go! :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Defending your BB.

What do you think is the most efficient way to defend your Blinds? 3B wide from SB?

You have 9Ts on BB, CO Raises 3x (No stats) Do you preffer to call or 3B? What if we change it to 56o? Whats your calling range for BB, if any?
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Wasn't aware of this video series until I saw this post and haven't yet found the time off to watch them so these questions may be answered already but hey-ho.

Exploitable fold to 3bet stat:
      I have often heard/read that trying to achieve 'balance' at the micros shoudn't be a major priority.
      Does this also hold true of being unexpoitable?

eg: If hero has an overall fold to 3bet stat of 80% then in your typical (3xopen facing 9bb 3bet) situation we have a leak and are not defending enough.

If lacking post flop confidence/ability, can we make adequate progress to leave the micros behind (NL10/20) without addressing this leak?

MP opening:
      If using hand charts/ranges as a default starting point on which to build on, how much wider is your MP opening range compared to UTG?

CO vs But pre-flop wars:
      Hero in CO with agro BUT 3betting 10+% when you try to attack the blinds.
      Would you rather open your 4bet bluffing range, tighten your opening range, or move table?
      Is a 4bet bluffing range evan necessary to beat limits up to NL20?

How true is the old axiom TPGK, b,b,b/f?
      I only ever here it said by those well and truly out of the micros that prob haven't played those stakes post BF.

Bluff%
      Often said that there is little FEQ at the micros.
      Do you think it acceptable to have a 0% pure bluff at the micros?
      Would you perhaps even advocate such a style at the lower micro limits?

Have to call it a day there for now as I am supposed to be earning my wage. :f_biggrin:

MD
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MasochisticDesire
      Wasn't aware of this video series until I saw this post and haven't yet found the time off to watch them so these questions may be answered already but hey-ho.

Exploitable fold to 3bet stat:
      I have often heard/read that trying to achieve 'balance' at the micros shoudn't be a major priority.
      Does this also hold true of being unexpoitable?

eg: If hero has an overall fold to 3bet stat of 80% then in your typical (3xopen facing 9bb 3bet) situation we have a leak and are not defending enough.

If lacking post flop confidence/ability, can we make adequate progress to leave the micros behind (NL10/20) without addressing this leak?

MP opening:
      If using hand charts/ranges as a default starting point on which to build on, how much wider is your MP opening range compared to UTG?

CO vs But pre-flop wars:
      Hero in CO with agro BUT 3betting 10+% when you try to attack the blinds.
      Would you rather open your 4bet bluffing range, tighten your opening range, or move table?
      Is a 4bet bluffing range evan necessary to beat limits up to NL20?

How true is the old axiom TPGK, b,b,b/f?
      I only ever here it said by those well and truly out of the micros that prob haven't played those stakes post BF.

Bluff%
      Often said that there is little FEQ at the micros.
      Do you think it acceptable to have a 0% pure bluff at the micros?
      Would you perhaps even advocate such a style at the lower micro limits?

Have to call it a day there for now as I am supposed to be earning my wage. :f_biggrin:

MD
      hi MD thanks for your suggestions! we have covered a few of your suggestions already but definitely not all of them.. i'm sure i can also dig up some hand histories which address each of those concepts so maybe that would be a good idea.

Lewis.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Haven't had time to watch all the vids so sorry if this has been covered.

But I'd like to see something on facing 3bets, feel like its my biggest preflop leak atm... Like when's it better to call and how to construct a 4betting range. Maybe specifically dealing with resteals so when we have position. Sorry, I know its a big topic lol.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

There's been a change of plans and you still have time to ship your questions here.

If someone asked about something you are also interested +1 or quote it so we know players are interested in that a lot and don't skip it.

Cheers.

PS: There's no time limit, I'll let you know a day in advance before we close this. :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Final bump for this.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Haven't had time to watch all the vids so sorry if this has been covered.

But I'd like to see something on facing 3bets, feel like its my biggest preflop leak atm... Like when's it better to call and how to construct a 4betting range. Maybe specifically dealing with resteals so when we have position. Sorry, I know its a big topic lol.
      +1 How to play postflop when 3betting people from BTN with low Ft3B stats.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Episode has been recorded. Thanks for the questions!
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      The final episode that features this thread: :)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/26915/