$25.00
      CO:
      $26.55
      BU (Hero):
      $25.00
      SB:
      $28.59

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.25, SB calls $2.25.

Flop: ($9) J, 6, K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $4.30, ?

Small blind was a big fish, 46/26 over 146 hands.
      BB plays 21/15/5.0 and 3bets 1.2 over 202 hands

I flat pre because I have position, BB range is tight and I want the fish in the pot. Is it to weak to fold flop here?
  • 7 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      i think you played the hand well. bb's range seems super narrow here, and we never know if sb will spazz out behind us with Jx/ random flush draws and make us fold the best hand. nh
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Fold flop whilst we don't have much invested yet.

nh if u folded

F
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello livethelife7,

As long the BB is super-nitty and our mainly plan it so set-mine there then should be fine to call and of course fold the flop. :)

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Do we hit often enough in order to set mine here for the given odds?

Or is it still a good call preflop since the fish might join the pot and our QQ is still good sometimes postflop even HU vs the nitty 3Bettor?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Do we hit often enough in order to set mine here for the given odds?

Or is it still a good call preflop since the fish might join the pot and our QQ is still good sometimes postflop even HU vs the nitty 3Bettor?
      It's not about really how often we hit. But rather if we will get paid postflop once we hit our set. According to that we base our call cause we can also expect the fish often times come along.

Vs a mid-stack we obviously ain't able to set-mine but we are here against a full stack who has nitty 3betting range aka having a strong range mainly.
      Bronze
      If we end up being in a HU pot vs the BB and the flop comes dry 259r and we don't know anything in particular about his cBetting tendencies, are we generally more tended towards calling at least once vs his cBet with our QQ overpair or do we strictly stick to our setmining strategy?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      If we end up being in a HU pot vs the BB and the flop comes dry 259r and we don't know anything in particular about his cBetting tendencies, are we generally more tended towards calling at least once vs his cBet with our QQ overpair or do we strictly stick to our setmining strategy?
      Depends on the sizes of course but we could even consider calling once and reevaluating the turn. Or either we could as well give up right on the flop. As always: