Chaging sites and still gaining PS points.

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I'm currently with Mansion but i dont really like the software/low limit SnG's and MTT's.
      I know that if you already have an account with a poker platform it can't be traced back to earn PS points because for wateva reasons but i have an account with so many poker platforms because i was looking for the best value freerolls to try and build a bankroll from scratch because i didnt have the money to deposit.
      This kind of sucks because i really want to change platforms but if i do i don't gain PS points and then it makes it pretty much pointless to associate with this site because i cnt improve my game here with videos/articles and such in the gold and higher status's. (which i don't want to have to do because i'm loving it so much here)
      I was just wondering if anyone if working on this problem so for people like me in this situation can still change from platform to platform and still gain PS points so they can move up the ranks and be proud that PokerStartegy helped in every possible way to move their customers up the poker ranks/limits?

Much appreciated Kyle.
  • 20 replies
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Hey Kyle, I have 4 accounts being tracked be PS. Its normally no problem, but when you do track it, it'll take two days to show up on your screen (you still get the points though)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I know its possible to have accounts retracked on some platforms. I'm not sure which one's. Someone is in the process of retracking their stars account, which he was originally told they can't do. I'll talk to him when he's next on and ask him to reply here.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Thanks guys.
      How would i go about asking for my account to be tracked?
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Click home, then click My Profile... enter your name/id then hit save data and they'll do the rest
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I've done that ages ago but they dotn have ticks next to them.
      The only ones that have ticks are mansion and titan.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      if by ages you mean more than a day or two, then I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe write in a ticket, or wait for an admin to read this
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You have to write a ticket!
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      I know its possible to have accounts retracked on some platforms. I'm not sure which one's. Someone is in the process of retracking their stars account, which he was originally told they can't do. I'll talk to him when he's next on and ask him to reply here.
      Is this me? :D

Well I just got retracked from pokerstars to pokerstrategy.

What I did was write an email to pokerstars asking them to retrack me to pokerstrategy, because I knew they could (after a little research). They said no at first, but I convinced them in another email, and they moved me to the pokerstrategy-tracker a few days later.

My situation was lucky. For pokerstars you need to have made your account after september 1st 2007 and not have used any affiliate to register.

Moral of the story, send an email to the site in question and ask them to retrack you to pokerstrategy. If they say no, it probably can't be done.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      If the site says they can't do it, couldn't you just threaten not to use their platform?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I just sent an email to Pacific poker, stars and fulltilt.
      Hopefully this works, what did you say that was so convincing to make them track you?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      LMAO @vargan - yes it was you. I know you were waiting for an opitunity to tell everyone on the forum, that you now earn strategy points from stars. I know you were excited!
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Awesome!! I already started bugging stars support with retrack requests myself!!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I wish i had stars linked. :(
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brian997
      If the site says they can't do it, couldn't you just threaten not to use their platform?
      This won't work. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by justkyle88
      I just sent an email to Pacific poker, stars and fulltilt.
      Hopefully this works, what did you say that was so convincing to make them track you?
      I said it was unfair, because I was 100% confident that I signed up at pokerstars.com with NO afiliate involved. I also used an email they just saint me congratulating me on completing my pokerstars bonus.

I was very lucky.

Its important to be honest and mature when writing with them.

Originally posted by cannell555
      LMAO @vargan - yes it was you. I know you were waiting for an opitunity to tell everyone on the forum, that you now earn strategy points from stars. I know you were excited!
      :heart: :heart: :heart:

I am playing on pokerstars permanently and I love it.
      Recieved my first strategypoints today.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Original email i sent to these three sites. (And changed site names accoridingly)

PokerStrategy‏
      Sent: Thursday, 26 June 2008 2:00:07 AM
      To: support@fulltiltpoker.com

Dear Full Tilt Support Team,
      Just a quick email in regards to PokerStrategy.
      I was just wondering if you would be kind enough to track my account for PokerStrategy Points.
      My username is justkyle88.
      Thankyou for your time and effort.

Kyle Ives

Full Tilt Poker - PokerStrategy (KMM6948014I19928L0KM)‏
      From: Full Tilt Poker - Support (support@fulltiltpoker.com)
      Sent: Thursday, 26 June 2008 8:15:21 PM
      To: Kyle Ives (justkyle88@hotmail.com)

Hello Kyle, Thank you for contacting The Affiliate Team at Full Tilt Poker. Unfortunately since your account has already been created, you will not be able to take advantage of this particular bonus offer. The referral code has to be entered when creating the account. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that this is not an issue which can be solved by opening another account with Full Tilt Poker, as it is against our site policy to open more than one account. Though you could cease using your account, we do not remove it from our system, nor do we freeze accounts in order for players to create new ones.

Re: Affiliate query (KMM29053721I2229L0KM)‏
      Sent: Friday, 27 June 2008 12:04:34 AM
      To: justkyle88@hotmail.com

Dear Kyle, Thank you for contacting 888. My name is Steve from the Promotions Department, and I am contacting youin regards to your request to have you account re-tracked. Kyle, I am very sorry but this is something we do not do, or do i think will will ever do, When I member joins us via an affiliate, the affiliate will receive somekind of commission for referring the member. Therefore, If we was to just change a members affiliate to someone else,then the affiliate who deserves the commission will not receive it.

RE: Email Forwarded to Proper Department‏
      Sent: Friday, 27 June 2008 2:00:50 AM
      To: justkyle88@hotmail.com

Hello, Thank you for your email but I am sorry Kyle we cannot link your account toPokerStrategy as you registered before we started working with them.

What do I do now?
      Is there any way i can convince them to track me after they have sent these emails to me?
      Much appreciated you guys helping me out.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      What do I do now?
      Is there any way i can convince them to track me after they have sent these emails to me?
      Much appreciated you guys helping me out.

To comment on your email:

I would write personaly to each site, and not copy-paste and change the name. I would also write more simple, and remove words that have no relation to what you want to accomplish, like "just a quick email".

I would probably write:

Hello.

My name is Kyle Ives. I'm a player and member from pokerstrategy.com.
      I was wondering if it is possible to retrack my account so that I can play at your site while earing strategypoints at pokerstrategy.com.

Signed
      Kyle Ives

To comment on the replies you got:

The 888.com reply contains a very important fact:
      One of the ways the sites gets players is by affiliates. If you sign up through an affilate, the affiliate you sign up with gain a commision (often % of your rake) as a reward for signing you up. So even though you WANT to be tracked as a pokerstrategy-member, you ARE being tracked as a random-affilate-member instead. And they can rarely change this because it would be a violation of the affiliate contract.

Alot of affilitate are leeches and dont really give you anything when you sign up through them, so in some scenarios its hard to know if youve used one or not.

The FTP reply confuses me. Im not sure if they are talking about you trying to leech the 600$ bonus or just getting retracked to get strategypoints, or both. If they don't have a way of retracking you then it cant be done.

Pokerstars is probably not going to happen, as you created the account before the cooperation started. All retracks from pokerstars Ive heard of are with accounts made after 1st september 2007 signed up without any affiliate involved.

So what do you do?
      I would try contacting FTP again. Write a longer email and tell them about your situation. I would also contact pokerstars and ask if you are linked to an affilate or not.

Hope this helps people.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Ok.
      I just replyed to all three in relation to what they said and what information you have given me, so hopefully this works.
      I dont want to be stuck with mansion poker foreva just so i can stay with pokerstrategy. I would much rather be with fulltilt and stars.
      Mansion have the worst games.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Ok, Pokerstars is out of the question. X(

Hello, Thank you for your email.Unfortunately I cannot link you to PokerStrategy as you opened your accountin June 2007 and the cut of is September 2007. Apologies again. Kind Regards,JoAffiliate Support Team.

X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
    • n3l1x
      n3l1x
      Bronze
      you can always try to convince them that you wont play at their site or produce rake there unless you are tracked and that you will simply continue playing at (some other site) until they re-track you

either that or go to some site like titan or betfair which retracks pokerstrategy accounts