UTG+1: $3.65
      MP: $7.50
      Hero (MP+1): $7.00
      CO: $4.00
      BTN: $19.78
      SB: $2.15

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.05, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.25, fold, UTG calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, UTG calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) Q:club: 4:spade: K:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.30, UTG raises to $2.95, Hero raises to $5.40, UTG raises to $6.68 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.70 and is all-in

Turn: ($14.30, 2 players) T:heart:

River: ($14.30, 2 players) 6:club:
      UTG shows Q:spade: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 19%, Flop 89%, Turn 86%)Hero shows A:heart: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 81%, Flop 11%, Turn 14%)UTG wins $13.71

Preflop I though he might have a drawing hand because he called. I don't know if he was trapping because he should have reraised first raiser.
  • 4 replies
    • Gnama
      Gnama
      Bronze
      Why did you limped pocket Aces preflop? You don't want 4 players to be in the pot and you want more money in this pot... You must raise that hand preflop!
    • prime333
      prime333
      Basic
      Originally posted by Gnama
      Why did you limped pocket Aces preflop? You don't want 4 players to be in the pot and you want more money in this pot... You must raise that hand preflop!
      Preflop: To set a trap. Kind of like the first guy, but if he was setting a trap why didn't he raise the first raiser? It's as if he had AA and just called the first raiser. Why did the guy with QQ limp in with no intent of reraising? It's almost the same as having AA UTG you limp in someone raises and you just call. Same with that guy QQ limps in someone raises just calls.

Postflop: I was thinking to myself only hands I lose to are 44,QQ and KK. QQ and KK he would have raised preflop OR raised the first raiser. He did neither, I felt committed on the flop considering the information I have and pot size. Could I have gotten off this trap or do I just go broke?
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      just iso utg.
      hand then plays itself.

utg limp, you iso, sb 3bets, utg calls, you 4bet either to 2.15 total or just jam it in....
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      preflop NOOO!!! :f_cry: limp/raising AA is NOT clever.

fish limp/raise KK+ all the time.
      i am very comfortable folding a hand like AK to a limp/raise (specially if it comes from UTG) unless i have further reads. (like guy limp/raised a few times already or some other limp/raised hand went to showdown)

besides usually turning your hand super face up (which other hands do you limp/raise with?) it may also happen that all the calling stations decide to limp behind and you end up with the entire table in a limped pot.
      just don't limp with aces.

flop is kind of a sad spot because pretty much the only hand that you want to see is some overplayed AK.
      okay, so you only lose to KK, QQ and 44 (and KQ), but then which worse hands is he raising on the flop?