This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ - bad flop

• mateuszrybinski
      mateuszrybinski
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $4.89
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.94
      MP: $3.99
      MP+1: $2.63
      CO: $1.71
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $0.55
      BB: $4.17

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

Note: Correct play. raise 4BB+1limp.

UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.09, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.34, 3 players) 5:club: K:heart: 4:club:

Note: I Bet 50% of the pot to see if anyone have anything. With a higher card on the borde and two players that call preflop against a early caller I can asome that they have good hand? With $23 in the pot preflop don't SB have good pot odds for (23/9= 2.5) to call with worst hands? there by I having good chance with QQ? My mistake here is to call the reraise without any read on my opponent.

SB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BTN raises to $0.48, fold, Hero calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.30, 2 players) A:heart:

Note: I check/fold on turn to not lose more money with two higher card on bord.

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.93, fold

BTN wins $1.25
  • 3 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      preflop: fine

flop: i would cbet bigger to ~.22-.26 to protect vs fds/sds and then fold to a raise in this spot.

what cards do you plan on x/calling on the turn when you bet/call on flop?
    • mateuszrybinski
      mateuszrybinski
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      preflop: fine

flop: i would cbet bigger to ~.22-.26 to protect vs fds/sds and then fold to a raise in this spot.

what cards do you plan on x/calling on the turn when you bet/call on flop?
      I feel that I made a mistake by calling in this spot. I should first had bet higher so my opponent whould not have the odds to call with a draw and secoud if he still played I should just bet/fold with higher card on the bord.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mateuszrybinski,

What's the reason for betting 1/2 pot size? I'd recommend taking a look at the beginner's articles again for the very basics how much to CB and why. Though if we do CB then should be Bet/Fold.

Best Regards.