This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 Blind fight

• Glazenburg
      Glazenburg
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Hero:
      $30,65
      BB:
      $17,45
      UTG+2:
      $11,20
      UTG:
      $41,60
      BU:
      $14,45
      MP3:
      $33,20
      MP1:
      $25,00
      MP2:
      $4,65
      CO:
      $4,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3:spade: , A:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0,70, BB raises to $1,15, Hero calls $0,45.

Flop: ($2,30) A:spade: , 6:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,60, BB calls $1,60.

Turn: ($5,50) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,70, BB calls $2,70.

River: ($10,90) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,00, BB calls $7,00.

Final Pot: $24,90

Should i stop betting after being called at the flop. This guy is flat calling me after his pre flop aggression. He could also have a FD or medium pair or hit anything else on the flop.

Grtzz
  • 5 replies
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      IMO, bet $1 pf flop, check/call turn and river. You have TP very low kicker . Not a very good hand to put up a fight. Vilain can easily be on an higher A or 2 pairs
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I dont understand betting half your stack away with such a weak hand, unless you have a good read and/or stats.
    • Glazenburg
      Glazenburg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gungunhana
      IMO, bet $1 pf flop, check/call turn and river. You have TP very low kicker . Not a very good hand to put up a fight. Vilain can easily be on an higher A or 2 pairs
      IMO he would then have raise me on the flop to protect against any drawing hand.. I had a short history with him, i stole his blinds about 4 times in a row and if he called he had to lay down after my cbet on the flop. This time i thougtht he might be a non-believer with smaller pair or FD.

I shouldnt have made this hand this big though..
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      My actions would be all preflop here. Crappy little minraise to your steal attempt, so 4bet (EDIT: or fold). Make it $3.5 or so, and if he wants to go on, you can fold. A3 is no hand to be unclear on post flop.

EDIT: Also, if you have been actively stealing, even with good hands, it is no sin to let something go once in a while. Even the most passive eventually get sick of it, and hit back. You don't want to have a hand like this when they do.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Preflop: if he's aggressive/defends his blind often, folding is best.

Postflop: I see value in betting the flop. On the turn, one may either bet to protect vs a flush or c/c to represent a steal which gives up. However, as played your river bet is not good: its never for value; either c/c if he will bluff bet busted draws a ton (then, you have bet the turn) or c/f.