DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $16.24 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 15, 3B: 20, AF: 3,0, Hands: 26
      CO: $6.03 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 15, 3B: 33, AF: 0,0, Hands: 26
      Hero (BTN): $5.09 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,1, Hands: 33228
      SB: $3.57 - VPIP: 41, PFR: 18, 3B: 0, AF: 7,0, Hands: 17
      BB: $6.10 - VPIP: 64, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,5, Hands: 25

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with 2 :diamond: 2 :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) T :heart: J :diamond: 2 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.65) 7 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.65) 3 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.00, BB folds, Hero calls $1

Final Pot: $3.65
      Hero shows 2 :diamond: 2 :spade:
      SB shows 9 :spade: Q :club:
      Hero wins $3.50
      (Rake: $0.15)
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Well, lets ask it this way. What do you expect to have beat on the river? :P Do you ever see him betting worse hands for value this way whilst FD got there and also 89 combo.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Well, lets ask it this way. What do you expect to have beat on the river? :P Do you ever see him betting worse hands for value this way whilst FD got there and also 89 combo.

Best Regards.
      Jx, Tx, 2 pairs. I can't think like a 41% vpip person, I don't really know.

What's his range?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      Jx, Tx, 2 pairs. I can't think like a 41% vpip person, I don't really know.

What's his range?
      Why would Tx donk the river? :P For a loose player you wouldn't want to give a range cause it clearly can vary too much.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      For a loose player you wouldn't want to give a range cause it clearly can vary too much.
      Isnt this enough to call river? :D You are right, we CANT give him a range. Then how can we assume we are beaten?
      We are surely enough 27% of the times.

Or I'm making the mistake here of thinking that only one choice is good. Poker isnt plain black or white, there are grey decisions like this one. You cant make a big mistake with either of them.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      For a loose player you wouldn't want to give a range cause it clearly can vary too much.
      Isnt this enough to call river? :D You are right, we CANT give him a range. Then how can we assume we are beaten?
      We are surely enough 27% of the times.

Or I'm making the mistake here of thinking that only one choice is good. Poker isnt plain black or white, there are grey decisions like this one. You cant make a big mistake with either of them.
      What you must understand here is that he has to be bluffing as well to be ahead here. Cause clearly otherwise trying to put him on some kind of range wouldn't make sense, we can't do that. But if we expect him to bluff then we are able to call-down.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      So, what`s the best turn line? Bet/fold?

If called, fold or check behind the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      So, what`s the best turn line? Bet/fold?

If called, fold or check behind the river?
      Turning betting wouldn't achieve much cause we ain't able to continue vs a raise. Also we are multiway so very likely draws even complete with this card. Therefore Check behind and reevaluate the river.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      What you must understand here is that he has to be bluffing as well to be ahead here. Cause clearly otherwise trying to put him on some kind of range wouldn't make sense, we can't do that. But if we expect him to bluff then we are able to call-down.
      I dont understand (gramatically) what you are trying to say there. Could you rephrase it please? :heart:

If he is not bluffing, we cant put him on a range, because it doesnt make sense?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I dont understand (gramatically) what you are trying to say there. Could you rephrase it please? :heart:

If he is not bluffing, we cant put him on a range, because it doesnt make sense?
      Well, you asked his range, you can't really do that without any lines taken. Especially if he is loose he may have very wide range. Also we ain't only against 1 opponent here but 2 which makes the ranges even more difficult. One of them could easily have some kind of draw which got there and most likely it Check/Raises the turn.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze

Well, you asked his range, you can't really do that without any lines taken. Especially if he is loose he may have very wide range. Also we ain't only against 1 opponent here but 2 which makes the ranges even more difficult. One of them could easily have some kind of draw which got there and most likely it Check/Raises the turn.
      What does it mean? Without any lines taken? You mean, because of my check behind on the turn, it's nearly impossible to put them on a hand?
      Well, if we are consistent with what we are saying, their range is still wide :s_biggrin:
      I'm really not trying to be annoying here, but I really want to get this straight:

If we CAN NOT put them on a range, we CAN NOT say that we are beaten on the river, hence we SHOULD call.
      As soon as we say that we can not call, it implies that we put them on monsters here, hence putting them on a range.
      I mean, either I say that I'm beaten and I fold, OR I say that I'm not skilled enough to put him on a range, so I have to call.
      Saying that I cant put him on a range, but have to fold river is inconsistent.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hard to put guy on a range, but you can decide whether to call or not:

-Aggression frequency on river: if it's high, call it
      -Won at showdown when bet/raise river: of course, if it is less than 50 % you might as well be ahead there.

But against a vpip 40 guy it's hard to call any river. They can definitely have any 2 suited cards there, even that 89 and in worst case a better set that calls you off.