[NL20-NL50] FR50 AA OOP 4bet

• circoflax
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $63.54 (127.1 bb)
      MP3: $73.91 (147.8 bb)
      CO: $55.53 (111.1 bb)
      BTN: $48.50 (97 bb)
      SB: $75.61 (151.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $80.04 (160.1 bb)
      UTG+2: $50.27 (100.5 bb)
      MP1: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, MP3 raises to $4.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $5.50

Flop: ($21.75) 6 K 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $15, Hero calls $15

Turn: ($51.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $48.91 and is all-in, Hero ?

Villain plays 21/17/7.2/AF 3 and seems quite competent. He likes to 3bet a lot IP and there was a lot of 3betting and 4betting at the table.

On the flop I can't give him a hand that will call a bet, but maybe if he has AK he will bet twice if I check to him, or maybe he'll try to turn something into a bluff. I also didn't want to get raised out of the pot given the stacks that are quite deep, so I went into check-call mode.

I can't put him on a hand on the turn with the huge bet. Let it go? I can't give him KK a lot, because I think he would have shoved that pre, given the prior dynamic. I have been 4 betting a lot, not a lot of cold 4bets though...
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      first i think that the 4bet should have been (much) bigger
      but else, i guess you answered that yourself with your hand plan. close eyes and call?

for the given odds, dynamics and effective stacks imo he is full of all sets, AK, Kxs, maybe random clubs but idk
      not sure if he's just going bet/bet with KQ, looks pretty polarized as AKs+ (maybe 86s?) and clubs but i don't see me folding even though wouldn't be super happy about it

also i am slightly crazy right now so feel free to disregard what doesn't make sense
    • circoflax
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      first i think that the 4bet should have been (much) bigger
      I agree here. I forgot to specify that at the moment he had a fold to 3bet of 100% of a 5-6 sample and that high 3bet, especially IP. So I really thought he was full of shit especially against the guy who opened. So I was sure he was folding if I had made it larger, but this size makes me look like I'm tryin' to steal it and I was sincerely hoping he would do something crazy given the stacks. And ofc I was expecting him to 5bet QQ+, AK for value.
      Didn't expect him at all to call, he hadn't done so yet, if I expect to get called and I am OOP, I'll always make it larger, that's pretty basic.
    • veriz
      Hello circoflax,

Preflop: 4bet already is way too small. You mentioning that you are deep, though you 4bet really small giving him odds for call with any crap.

As played
      Postflop: Kind of tough whilst he got super-good odds to set-mine and he has all the PPs in his range, even 55 which Bet the turn. So just knowing few stats doesn't really tell me either to Call down or not. Or how the guy saw us which might be the most important aspect. If you are also nitty then I don't see him bluffing that often here or calling you loose. Therefore might be also a fold instead of call-down. Though of course calling ain't wrong if you really think he is full of "crap".

Best Regards.