[NL20-NL50] FR50 flopped set

• circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $48.50 (97 bb)
      MP3: $92.37 (184.7 bb)
      CO: $46.19 (92.4 bb)
      BTN: $22.63 (45.3 bb)
      SB: $54.29 (108.6 bb)
      BB: $98.82 (197.6 bb)
      UTG+2: $52.16 (104.3 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4 4
      UTG+2 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 3 folds, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($5.25) 4 5 A (3 players)
      UTG+2 bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, BTN calls $3.50

Turn: ($15.75) 3 (3 players)
      UTG+2 bets $9, Hero calls $9, BTN calls $9

River: ($42.75) Q (3 players)
      UTG+2 bets $20, Hero folds, BTN calls $8.63

UTG is a straight forward player, 15/12/2.5/ AF 3/WTSD 19. BTN is a fish, very few hands but something like 29/7.

I don't raise the flop to let the fish call, or maybe he even shoves something and I can stack them both. The turn sucks big time but I still call hoping for the board to pair. On the river I can't see a hand that I can beat other than AQ, but would he really bet that into 2 players given the action?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello circoflax,

Well, he doesn't have that many 2x hands in his range. Vs a fish I wouldn't be surprised if he block-bets the river for value there (taken into account fish stack). So I might make the crying Call here and see what he has. :P

Best Regards.
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      make the crying Call here and see what he has. :P
      Lol at this, I guess I went for the other option, seeing what he has without putting the money in... cause I know once he bets the fish calls and he also knows that. So I was like fk it, I'm gonna see anyways and at least I won't torture myself for days about this hand.

What about the other 2 sets on the flop? Cause QQ is out of the question. What about 22, I wouldn't discard it that easily.

I just clicked advise the judge cause i loled at your "see what he has"
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by circoflax
      Originally posted by veriz
      make the crying Call here and see what he has. :P
      Lol at this, I guess I went for the other option, seeing what he has without putting the money in... cause I know once he bets the fish calls and he also knows that. So I was like fk it, I'm gonna see anyways and at least I won't torture myself for days about this hand.

What about the other 2 sets on the flop? Cause QQ is out of the question. What about 22, I wouldn't discard it that easily.

I just clicked advise the judge cause i loled at your "see what he has"
      Yeah well, he might as well have worse sets and even 33 I'd say. 22 ain't discarded either. Just the problem is that you are getting decent odds and you can never-ever exclude from his range here fully AQ combos which makes us a even easier Call. :( That's why I am making the crying call and hoping to be ahead like a station. :D