This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A2o – Blind Steal then SB Min-Bets

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $2.02
      SB: $0.76
      BB: $1.93
      UTG: $1.94
      MP: $4.77
      CO: $1.49

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 2:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.10, fold, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.22, 2 players) 4:diamond: 5:diamond: A:heart:
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.38, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.58, 2 players) 7:heart:
      SB bets $0.48 and is all-in, Hero ?

PF: Standard blind-steal, got to call when SB min-bets.

F: Should aim to keep it simple and raise. If villain has middle pair then I probably won't get any more value from him so by raising I take the pot down when I actually have the best hand and also maybe get some weaker aces to fold which whom I will likely split the pot with if we go to a showdown. If Villain calls then I have a pretty easy check/fold unless I spike a 2.

As played:
      T: Villain's weak bet makes me think he has an pair but with a diamond so I call hoping to complete my flush and gain value from a weaker flush on the river.

R: Villain bets big, should read into this as Hero is strong (possibly 77?) or is it a bluff attempt trying to make me fold my exact hand?
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      It's not impossible to fold pre against a minraise, especially when it's such a short stack. You are dominated too often here; as played, I don't really see him bluffing and would probably fold the turn, in spite of the small bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Raknyo,

Preflop: Fold it preflop directly vs his stack!

As played
      Postflop: Fold the river, if he really wanted to bluff why didn't he do that earlier?

Best Regards.