fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.25, fold

Flop: ($3.50, 2 players) A:club: 3:heart: 5:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.00, Hero raises to $6.40, CO calls $4.40

Turn: ($16.30, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets $9.34, CO calls $9.34

River: ($34.98, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero bets $20.04, CO raises to $40.08, Hero calls $16.42 and is all-in

Villain is rock even more then that he plays 12/4 over 250 hands ag f 2
      I didnt whant to 3 bet for obvius reasons and i even consider folding pre ?! But i decided to call and mybe stack off his AQ on Axx board
      And when i so the flop i was all happy about it so i stick to my plan and raise to infate the pot and to see if he had A or he hold KK,QQ ,JJ
      On turn I was unhappy couse i was afraid that he would fold and my hand might look like flush after he called my thought procces was oh good but mybe his good QorK :heart: redraw and on paired b i decided to bet around half pot to get called by AQ, AK mybe to fold Ak and we dont split. But then he shoved and i hated my life i know that i was beaten for sure , For curiosity i decided to look and expected AA top set or AQ,Ak :heart: and he showed Q8 :heart: and I was stunned. Why on earth some one plays 8/250 hands and opens Qh8h and folds rest off hands does he know when he will hit a flush(bad joke ) and why doesnt he raise turn to protect and why does he shove river on paired b with no nut flush? And its not just this hand i so on many ocasions tight players on nl 50 sh (with OPR <11) open all kind off trash hands from utg or for expl one did cold call my 4 bet sqz with 64 (and floped 2 pairs off course) and i always get stunned when i see this and i decide to neglect my hud vs them and play like in anonimus tables. I dont know am I missing some new strategy for nitts,couse it seams that it works prefect against me !?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello dzikson999,

You just seem to be not able to fold your TPTK type of hand in those spots. :( If you really want to go for the stacks then Bet the turn bigger and ship the river. Although myself I don't see much of an option here than simple Check/Fold the river cause I doubt rock will pay you with a lot worse.

Best Regards.