This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Aks BB def vs rock nl 50 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $17.37
      CO: $57.92
      BTN: $16.85
      Hero (SB): $53.70
      BB: $61.08
      UTG: $52.50

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:spade: K:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.25, fold

Flop: ($3.50, 2 players) A:club: 3:heart: 5:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.00, Hero raises to $6.40, CO calls $4.40

Turn: ($16.30, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets $9.34, CO calls $9.34

River: ($34.98, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero bets $20.04, CO raises to $40.08, Hero calls $16.42 and is all-in

Villain is rock even more then that he plays 12/4 over 250 hands ag f 2
      I didnt whant to 3 bet for obvius reasons and i even consider folding pre ?! But i decided to call and mybe stack off his AQ on Axx board
      And when i so the flop i was all happy about it so i stick to my plan and raise to infate the pot and to see if he had A or he hold KK,QQ ,JJ
      On turn I was unhappy couse i was afraid that he would fold and my hand might look like flush after he called my thought procces was oh good but mybe his good QorK :heart: redraw and on paired b i decided to bet around half pot to get called by AQ, AK mybe to fold Ak and we dont split. But then he shoved and i hated my life i know that i was beaten for sure , For curiosity i decided to look and expected AA top set or AQ,Ak :heart: and he showed Q8 :heart: and I was stunned. Why on earth some one plays 8/250 hands and opens Qh8h and folds rest off hands does he know when he will hit a flush(bad joke ) and why doesnt he raise turn to protect and why does he shove river on paired b with no nut flush? And its not just this hand i so on many ocasions tight players on nl 50 sh (with OPR <11) open all kind off trash hands from utg or for expl one did cold call my 4 bet sqz with 64 (and floped 2 pairs off course) and i always get stunned when i see this and i decide to neglect my hud vs them and play like in anonimus tables. I dont know am I missing some new strategy for nitts,couse it seams that it works prefect against me !?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dzikson999,

You just seem to be not able to fold your TPTK type of hand in those spots. :( If you really want to go for the stacks then Bet the turn bigger and ship the river. Although myself I don't see much of an option here than simple Check/Fold the river cause I doubt rock will pay you with a lot worse.

Best Regards.