What's the Best bankrollbuilder?

• 6 replies
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      My short answer is that you should play whatever you enjoy playing the most.

This question keeps popping up again and again lately. There are several threads on this topic already.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there hvard92,

I really don't think it makes a lot of difference which variant you play, except maybe the personal pleasure you may get out of playing tournaments rather than cash games or sit and goes.

You may be good at cash games and be winning a lot, but then try tournaments and find them boring; it's personal choice I think.

I would suggest playing your favourite and getting as good at that, then when you are confident enough you could try adding a tournament or two to see if you like them.

Aslo, you may need a much larger bankroll to play tournaments [because of the long spells where you may not cash at all] than you would playing a cash game.
      AND there is the time element. Tournaments may take a long time to play, can you spare enough time, etc.

I hope this helped a little.

Regards,

Mal.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      IMHO, a good way to build a bankroll is FL 5CD 0.1/0.2 very basic play given here on PS works well and variance is relatively small. Ofc. winrate is limited, at least for me it was. Couldn't get more than a bit over 2 BB/100
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      tournaments if you want to build a big bankroll fast....higher chance of making $1000 playing $2 tourneys than $2 sngs or nl2. Of course chances of going broke are higher
    • richard2780
      richard2780
      Bronze
      i built a fairly good bank roll on pokerstars from £10, by playing the zoom games, other sites call them different names, like burn and fast play and so on.

Ended up with over £500 in my bankroll, i like the zoom games cause you dont have to wait for the hand to finish and nip straight onto another hand, be wary tho, can lose money very quickly on it ;)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zobupasts
      My short answer is that you should play whatever you enjoy playing the most.

I like this answer :)

I've played most types of poker; No Limit and fixed limit holdem cash, Sit n Gos, Multi Table Tournaments, Stud, Razz, 5 Card Draw and many more but got bored of all relatively quickly. Then i found Pot Limit Omaha and i fell in love :heart: this really motivated me to want to work hard and improve so i could love it even more and maybe win too. I'm not claiming to be an expert, far from it im still pretty much a beginner and although PLO is one of the higher variance games and i have experienced some sick sessions and some pretty cool swings (up and down) its quickly becoming my most profitable game just because i enjoy it the most.

I'm not saying that if you go out and play PLO you will crush straight away and live happily ever after but that it worked for me because i really really liked it and for the same reason that is why you should pick the game you enjoy the most to focus on

Hope this made sense and wasnt too much the ramblings of a crazy man

Regards
      Carl