[NL2-NL10] AKo SB FR 10NL

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thoughts on this play please?

Thanks a lot

:heart:

Villain is 51/32 over42 hands. Steal 2/2.
      Flop: fold to cbet 2/2

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $5.22
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $5.40
      BU:
      $5.50
      SB (Hero):
      $12.75
      BB:
      $10.27

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, CO calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.9) T, 9, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, CO calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.7) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($4.3) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.30 (all-in),

Hero?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Preflop: 3bet size has a leak being OOP.

As played
      Postflop: What's the purpose of just CBetting the flop once & done? You wont make many hands to fold by doing that even if he folds 2/2 cases so far. :( So if you CB the flop then ship the turn cause you clearly betting there for value and if not then Check/Fold the flop.

Though as played well, should be a clear Call there cause he could have worse Ax hands.

Best Regards.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      (LOL, I couldn't remember my problem with that hand :f_confused: )

I do think I probably did raise preflop because he is such a loose player, so it is both for value and to isolate from BB. Are these bad reasons?

I think I posted the hand mainly because I wasn't sure what to do on the flop. Do I cbet or not? However, if you still think raising preflop is not a good play, and if I flat it, I suppose I just give up once I haven't hit? He had a very wide range...

(btw, I did call. He had Q9s which is a pretty decent hand considering his range :f_biggrin: )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I do think I probably did raise preflop because he is such a loose player, so it is both for value and to isolate from BB. Are these bad reasons?

Yeah, it's fine though being OOP you should raise it bigger.

I think I posted the hand mainly because I wasn't sure what to do on the flop. Do I cbet or not? However, if you still think raising preflop is not a good play, and if I flat it, I suppose I just give up once I haven't hit? He had a very wide range...

If we assume he is super-loose then CBetting flop is still fine. Though as you must understand that actually this might be one of those boards which we rather want to skip the CB. Cause a lot of hands continue here as SCs/broadways/etc.