This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo SB FR 10NL

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thoughts on this play please?

Thanks a lot

:heart:

Villain is 51/32 over42 hands. Steal 2/2.
      Flop: fold to cbet 2/2

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $5.22
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $5.40
      BU:
      $5.50
      SB (Hero):
      $12.75
      BB:
      $10.27

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, CO calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.9) T, 9, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, CO calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.7) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($4.3) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.30 (all-in),

Hero?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Preflop: 3bet size has a leak being OOP.

As played
      Postflop: What's the purpose of just CBetting the flop once & done? You wont make many hands to fold by doing that even if he folds 2/2 cases so far. :( So if you CB the flop then ship the turn cause you clearly betting there for value and if not then Check/Fold the flop.

Though as played well, should be a clear Call there cause he could have worse Ax hands.

Best Regards.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      (LOL, I couldn't remember my problem with that hand :f_confused: )

I do think I probably did raise preflop because he is such a loose player, so it is both for value and to isolate from BB. Are these bad reasons?

I think I posted the hand mainly because I wasn't sure what to do on the flop. Do I cbet or not? However, if you still think raising preflop is not a good play, and if I flat it, I suppose I just give up once I haven't hit? He had a very wide range...

(btw, I did call. He had Q9s which is a pretty decent hand considering his range :f_biggrin: )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I do think I probably did raise preflop because he is such a loose player, so it is both for value and to isolate from BB. Are these bad reasons?

Yeah, it's fine though being OOP you should raise it bigger.

I think I posted the hand mainly because I wasn't sure what to do on the flop. Do I cbet or not? However, if you still think raising preflop is not a good play, and if I flat it, I suppose I just give up once I haven't hit? He had a very wide range...

If we assume he is super-loose then CBetting flop is still fine. Though as you must understand that actually this might be one of those boards which we rather want to skip the CB. Cause a lot of hands continue here as SCs/broadways/etc.