PokerStars Affiliation

• GitGud

It looks like a lot of people don't have their PokerStars account linked to PokerStrategy and they'd like to.

I'm one of those people.

Why can't PokerStars and PokerStrategy come up with an agreement regarding this? I'm sure it is (informatically) possible for PokerStars to link players' accounts to PokerStrategy. They choose not to.
      I bring your attention to the initial question: why can't PokerStars and PokerStrategy come up with an agreement regarding this?

As we all know FTP is coming back soon and FTP and PokerStars accounts belonging to the same person will somewhat be linked.

Is there any chance that PokerStrategy and PokerStars can make it work in such a way that we can get Strategy Points on PokerStars through our linked FTP accounts?
  • 2 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Do you know how works? They refer players to poker sites, poker sites pay for bringing in players, so as soon as the poker site gets a non tracked player they just don't give a shit, they already got the player and they don't have to pay anyone, it's a win for them. And Pokerstars has an insane player pool compared to other rooms so they really don't care about if some players are not playing on them because they aren't tracked. I can see smaller poker rooms retracking, because otherwise they will just die if they aren't bringing in players.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      Hey GitGud

Yeah basically it all comes down to money (doesn't everything?) If poker stars have a non tracked player that means they don't have to pay an affiliate a % of said players rake. So by re tracking players a poker room is basically throwing away money.

As for FTP we have no word as of yet on what will happen with tracked accounts but as soon as we know then i'm sure we will pass it on to you guys too :) keep your eyes peeled not long to go now