[NL2-NL10] JTs 10NL Normal FR

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hi,

Wondering if I shouldn't have taken a free card here?

Pre-flop: I decided to flat as it seemed pretty safe. I was 50/50 between 3betting and flatting (not that I usually play all the JTs, but I thought I wanted to play this one). However, I noticed he had a low fold to 3bet and I thought I rather play a smaller pot, as he has a low fold to cbet and seems pretty fishy. I am including all the stats from players left to act preflop so you can tell me what you think here too.

Thanks a lot :heart:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
      (hands)

MP: $10.00
      MP+1: $12.36 (164) 27/16 fold to 3bet 1/3 Fold to Cbet 2/11 also he doesnt fold to turn cbets (only fold 1/5)

CO: $10.15

Hero (BTN): $12.05

SB: $9.90 (28) 14/11

BB: $8.00 (360) 21/15 (marked green) High preflop 3bet but doesn't want to mess up with me in general.

UTG: $21.06
      UTG+1: $10.76
      UTG+2: $4.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 8:club: 9:diamond: T:heart:
      MP+1 bets $0.43, Hero raises to $0.86, MP+1 calls $0.43

Turn: ($2.47, 2 players) 2:heart:
      MP+1 checks, Hero bets $1.18, MP+1 calls $1.18

River: ($4.83, 2 players) 8:spade:
      MP+1 checks, Hero checks

MP+1 shows Q:heart: T:spade: (Two Pair, Tens and Eights) (Pre 69%, Flop 67%, Turn 84%)
      Hero mucks J:diamond: T:diamond: (Two Pair, Tens and Eights) (Pre 31%, Flop 33%, Turn 16%)
      MP+1 wins $4.61
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

What's the plan with raising flop? Do you plan to go broke or what was the purpose of the raise? Turning hand into bluff-catcher? Trying to make better hands to fold?

Though as played should also ask what's the purpose of betting the turn so small? You are rather showing that you have a weak hand with such a sizing. :(

Best Regards.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Raising flop is for value, as I think he will call me with anything he raised pre as he has such a low fold to cbet. He can call me there even with A high for what is worth :D Also, as I have a oesd I thought it was something I wanted to put some more money on.

Ideally I would check turn, and I am pretty sure that was the plan when I raise the flop. If I check turn then a) I take a free card for my draw b) I could call a river bet depending on my read (and even maybe a free river checking behind if I hadn't hit for SDV). However I kept being tempted to float :rolleyes: Click was quicker than the thought.

Haven't had a good week, lol. Run good tilt? :f_confused: Anyways. What about the flop raise given the reasons above? The only reason I could think of not raising there is being kicked out of a pot I want to see a river with...however the way he is betting seemed pretty weak to me.

Thanks a lot :heart:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      First of all, if you raising the flop then at least do it bigger. At least that's the idea of raising it for value. Another thing is that if we get 3bet there our hand is clearly dead and wont have that good equity anymore. Therefore might be even not that good idea to raise but rather play it way ahead/behind.

Though as played you should be betting the turn still bigger, as you said you went for value-raise then should also try to squeeze more money from him.