[NL20-NL50] nl25sh - 97dd

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      1) Isolate? The limper is unknown.

2) Can I 4bet here whilst only knowing the next things:
      SB seems LAG over 49 hands, he played 24/21. Did only resteal 1/4 in BB and so far 0/4 in SB but ofcourse that's a rly small sample.

3) What is wrong in my logic -> "I think hands without Ax are actually also good to 4bet, ofcourse the chance is bigger that he has AA/KK but the chance is also bigger that he has a hand like A4s with which he's willing to 3bet, so fuck blockers"

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1950204
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $13.88
      CO: $29.55
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $25.10
      BB: $25.79

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 9 :diamond: 7 :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $2.90, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7, SB raises to $25.10 all in, 1 fold
  • 5 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Isoraise is fine.

I'd fold to 3bet vs unknown:
      - he is oop --> shows more strength
      - he is 3betting us after we isolated a shortstack fish--> strength
      - he is willing to fight us, and even shut the fish out of the pot, who would show bigger profit for him --> strength
      - we dont have any blocker

49 hand is no real sample, I've learnt this the hard way at anonim tables... :D

I dont understand your reasoning with blockers and 4bet... ?(
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      1) Iso is fine.

2)I think I fold here against unknown. I think calling pre and c/r a lot of flops instead of 4betting is better because that way you using the playability of your hand against his range much better, and I would 4betting with blocker hands.

3) I think you're thought proces is not to bad, and I'm really curious what veriz has to say about it. I only think it's more +EV to play it like the way I described at point 2, and 4betting hands with blockers.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

1) Isolate? The limper is unknown.

Standard. :P

2) Can I 4bet here whilst only knowing the next things:
      SB seems LAG over 49 hands, he played 24/21. Did only resteal 1/4 in BB and so far 0/4 in SB but ofcourse that's a rly small sample.

24/21 and LAG for 49 hands, please mate. :P Guess you haven't yet really seen LAGs on your limit. :P That's standard TAG, therefore without much of information or dynamics I'd just fold it.

3) What is wrong in my logic -> "I think hands without Ax are actually also good to 4bet, ofcourse the chance is bigger that he has AA/KK but the chance is also bigger that he has a hand like A4s with which he's willing to 3bet, so fuck blockers"

Behind the logic? Basically you don't know if he is 4betting you loose or not or what kind of image we had on the table. ;) Ax is just adding extra change for you that he doesn't have those hands.

Best Regards.
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by livethelife7

2)I think I fold here against unknown. I think calling pre and c/r a lot of flops instead of 4betting is better because that way you using the playability of your hand against his range much better, and I would 4betting with blocker hands.
      What do you think of this Veriz?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

What do you think of this Veriz?
      You can't Check/Raise flop cause you are IP. Though this would just waste more money, nor we don't know if we can do it profitable whilst not even having villains 3betting range. So 4betting > calling and playing back on the flop.