Poker VOD Creator - poker video recording and editing

• vkjrsp
      vkjrsp
      Bronze
      Question to moderator.
      I created the software for poker sessions recording/editing. Am I allowed to create topic here to answer questions of English-speaking Pokerstrategy users as I've done for Russian-speaking community here?
  • 9 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi vkjrsp ,
      I've bumped this up to the mods who may actually know the answer for you.

--VS
    • vkjrsp
      vkjrsp
      Bronze
      Thanks
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I think this thread will benefit from a move to our Feedback and suggestions board.

I will ask our Education team to comment but I would an expect an answer on Monday as it is currently the weekend.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey vkjrsp,

My Russian isn't brilliant and unfortunately google translate doesn't fully understand.

Could you give me quick cliff notes about what a Poker VOD Creator is?

Thanks
      Patrick
    • vkjrsp
      vkjrsp
      Bronze
      Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the late reply. This post disappeared from "software" thread so I was sure it was deleted. Found it today accidentally via search engine.

Regarding your question:
      My software consists of 2 parts:

First one - Poker VOD Recorder. It is a tool that does screen capture and concurrently analyzes poker room hand history files. As a result we have "session" where parts of video matched with dealings.
      Second tool - Poker VOD Editor. It opens sessions recorded with Poker VOD Recorder and shows them as a list of dealings. Having this representation you can easily exclude some dealings and create video only with hands that will be interesting to viewers. Or you can create audio comment for selected dealings and than join these comments to produce video.

Overall goal - time saving. VOD creators save time by editing video as a set of dealings rather than a stream. VOD viewers save time by watching well-edited videos without "blank" spaces when trainer had no action at the tables.
      Also if you are poker trainer who analyzes video recorded by students my software can be a real time-saver. If student created the recording with Poker VOD Recorder then trainer don't have to watch full video to find mistakes. It can open session in Editor and will get quick overview of all dealings and preflop actions.

You can watch video with English notes about Poker VOD Editor to see how it works here.

Please ask any questions. I'll be glad to answer.

Thanks,
      Volodymyr.
    • vkjrsp
      vkjrsp
      Bronze
      So what about my original question? Am I allowed to create a thread in "Poker software"?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I think this should be fine.

Feel free to create the thread.
    • vkjrsp
      vkjrsp
      Bronze
      Thanks!
    • vkjrsp