BB: $7.31
      UTG: $2.67
      Hero (MP): $4.24
      CO: $2.11

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:heart: J:heart:

UTG raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19, 3 players) J:diamond: T:heart: 7:heart:
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.35, BB calls $0.35, UTG raises to $2.61 and is all-in, Hero raises to $4.18 and is all-in, fold

Turn: ($5.76, 2 players) 2:club:

River: ($5.76, 2 players) A:spade:

PF: I have been calling raises with suited connectors for a little while now which some success but I've only just realised that the article only recommends calling with a suited connector if other players have called the raise, is this a big leak?

What if my opponent is a bad/loose player, or it is likely for someone else to join in behind me, can I justify calling with a suited connector then?

F: UTG's bet singles a fair bit of strength as they are betting into 2 other people on a wet board.
      {77, TT+, AJ, 89s, and possibly KQ or AQ+)

Therefore, it makes not much sense for me to raise as a semi-bluff as I don't have the relevant fold equity needed (I don't even know what I expect him to fold to a raise here?). So I'd opt for a call and hope to complete my flush as UTG will probably have a hard time folding his strong hands.
  • 2 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      preflop: i dont think flatting QJs vs utg open will be profitable. often our hand is dominated, and we are playing generally against a stronger range.

flop:
      if you can get QQ-AA to fold flop or turn with a raise and barrel then i would raise it up. if villain is unlikely to fold those hands, or is willing to get them in on flop i would just flat
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Raknyo,

What's the point of raising the flop? Do you try to make better hands to fold or do you even see better hands folding? Afterwards of course clearly if he decides to go over the top you have to be against a loose player who also goes broke with overpair to make it profitable.

Best Regards.