UTG raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) 2:heart: A:spade: 5:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.12, UTG calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.43, 2 players) 6:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.28, UTG calls $0.28

River: ($0.99, 2 players) K:club:
      UTG bets $0.20, Hero raises to $1.52 and is all-in, fold

PF: Standard

F: When he checks flop, I'm just assuming AJ, TT+ so figure if I put enough pressure on him, he has to fold as his range is so weak (unless he has AA).

T: I assume he'd check/call once with TT-KK so fire one last bet.

R: His weak bet makes me want to jam steal. Justified?
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      unless he's opening super wide (as in a lot of weak Axs) all his utg Ax should cbet the flop.
      so when he checks the flop he'll most often have some KK-99 type of hand, maybe some draws which he doesn't want to cbet, maybe some traps from time to time.

you're right in that when preflop raisers check an Axx flop they usually have a weakish range but won't want to c/f to one bet. so if you want to turn your hand into a bluff you also def have to bet turn.
      on the river while his bet screams "cheap showdown please" i don't really mind your play, but it's quite advanced :D

simplest is to just c/f it down, even if his range is mostly weak there is no guarantee that we can make him fold it. he might also level sometimes because of the many draws on the board.
    • CPallo
      I'd be more careful on this level with this move. It's just that people on NL2 don't think at all. They are not considering what you have or don't, they might call it till the end with Ax. So I wouldn't bet 3 str, unless I had some very good info that villain can fold.
    • Tomaloc
      but Ax would most likely cbet the flop. :P

still i'd be seriously afraid of being called down by KK-JJ because they don't want to bet, but they also don't like to fold. :f_biggrin:
      as i said i think that c/f down is simplest, his range is somewhat face up but it's not like we can always expect him to fold it, also he may have some traps from time to time. ;(