[NL2-NL10] nl10 98s sh

• jules97
      0 hands

Should I be isolating against limpers with mid suited connecotrs and suited Aces IP?

I don't think it's really too much ahead of their range, if any. But isolating and throwing a cbet at limpers seems to be pretty damn profitable.

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $5.43
      SB: $22.93
      BB: $6.91
      UTG: $4.65
      Hero (MP): $12.20
      CO: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 9:diamond: 8:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.25, 2 players) J:club: 4:heart: 8:spade:
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.20, fold

UTG wins $0.24
  • 2 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      i would iso decent suited Aces and then T9s/JTs +
      i think 98s is close as villains will limp call with lots of hands that dominate our 8/9
      but yes i would agree that isoing limpers/cbetting is extremely profitable
    • Tomaloc
      you usually want to be isolating limpers wide in position. you have skill advantage + position advantage + initiative advantage :heart:

of course the more info you have on the limper the more profitably you can adapt, but in general against unknown isolating and cbetting a lot of flops is a good idea as they mostly want to see a lot of flops and will fold when they miss. (which happens often)

so against a fully stacked limper i'm definitely isolating a lot of suited connectors and suited aces.
      what makes this closer is that he is broken stacked which reduces your maneuvering room postflop. but i guess i'd still isolate anyway :f_biggrin: