[NL20-NL50] Folding KK on flop

• FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      With this hand did I play it wrong or right. I was playing 6 max 20NL on Titan. The 2 villans in this hand were LAG 35-20 ish after about 90 hands.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.20
      3 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is Button with K♣ K♠
      Hero raises to $0.8, SB calls, CO calls all-in $0, button calls all-in $0, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J♣ 2♥ T♣ ($, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $)
      BB bets $1.25, Hero calls, SB raises to $3.2, BB calls, Hero folds.

Results:
      Final pot: $7.65
  • 7 replies
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      I think i wouldn't fold the flop. Especially when there are loose players who can raise and re-raise with top pair or less...On the flop i would raise and if got re-raise, go all-in right there. Because there are many draws out there that can beat the hand. And in the low limits you see a lot of fishes who can bet even with trash or middle pair for example. But I am not that experienced in BSS i usually play SSS which makes decisions more complicated.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I also wouldn't call the flop. A min donk bet from BB is almost meaningless. I would raise significantly over him. You are the PFA with a strong overpair on a very drawy board. Be aggressive, you need to protect here.

Now if MP3 wants to reraise that, spend a little thinking time in response. It is probably ok to go broke on this flop against a LAG, who will bet with the best hand, with a draw and with air. Take a stand and put it down to experience if you are beaten, or, if you think MP3 is definitely better, you can fold and wait. If you seem him as LAG, there is no way to know he is better on this flop.
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Thanks for the comments, normally I would reraise hard against the donkbet, but after playing with these 2 for awhile I put them on hand ranges that had the best of me. I have a hard time with the LAG stlye players they seem to always crack my big starting hands. They also had been calling my large raises. Which is why I didn't raise the flop.
      I was more or less trying to keep a little pot control. Then was raised by PurpleSgt so I figured I could wait him out. Even if I shoved the flop knowing them they surely would have called.

Its kind of a doubled edge sword you want them to call....but hate when you miss play hands. Learning curve I guess
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yeah, that's the problem. Of course, you can never really get pot control against a LAG, that is what he is looking for, and he raises. Once you've shown weakness, you're history.

I guess somewhere you have to take a stand with them. Maybe the right play here, after your call on the flop, reraise MP3, and go all in. Enough times he should have a draw or weaker hand.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Please convert the hand and repost it here in the forum (see Hand posting guide)
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      I reposted the hand in question. Sorry never converted a hand before, Titan hands are hard to convert. Not sure if it converted right but what ever. It said when I converted the hand that it was on Party poker lol.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FrozenRope
      I reposted the hand in question. Sorry never converted a hand before, Titan hands are hard to convert. Not sure if it converted right but what ever. It said when I converted the hand that it was on Party poker lol.
      Try http://www.flopturnriver.com/handconverter. I´m posting this thread because it was liberated last year by Puschkin81