CO: $24.30
      BTN: $23.95
      SB: $7.50
      BB: $25
      UTG: $67.35
      Hero (UTG+1): $39.80
      MP1: $38.30
      MP2: $9.20

Pre-Flop: Q:spade: A:spade: dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1, 5 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) Q:club: 5:spade: 6:heart: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.10, BB calls $2.10

Turn: ($6.30) 2:spade: (2 Players)
      BB bets $2, Hero raises to $5.75, BB raises to $21.90 and is All-In, Hero calls $16.15

River: ($50.10) 9:heart: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $50.10 Pot ($2.50 Rake)

1st time playing NL25.. Is raising preflop ok there? It was 8 handed so considered myself MP. Did I play this bad calling their push?
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      I would raise this from here too, though it may not be strictly SHC in FR, I'm not sure.

Nice flop, and obvious cbet, good. Could be slightly smaller, as you don't appear to have too much to protect.

Turn donk bet is strange, particularly since it is so small. Could mean a few things, the worst of which are: flopped a set and now wants to guarantee action, made a strange 2pair on the turn, or played 34 and just filled the straight. When he shoves over the raise, I think you are in trouble, for one of those reasons, and should probably let it go, unless you have good reads to the contrary.

So lets look at the turn. You have TPTK on the flop, and after the turn, you have nut FD as well, so your hand has improved. The only possible responses to your turn raise are really a fold, or, as played, a push, and you don't really want to see either. I think a better line could be just call this bet. If you make the river flush, it will be hidden, and you can really cash in, if you don't improve any further, you can plan your action around his. I think that way you will lose less when you are beaten, but really make a killing when you hit your river card.

IMO, obviously, and I'm not a judge.
    • p0kerQT
      Thx aciddrop, I can see how I'm probably 99% of the time beat here, unless villain thought I was bluffing n they were pushing with a weaker queen, but don't think thats very likely. I probably coulda got away from this hand more easily if it weren't for the flush draw. I'll try to pot control in future on hands like these.
    • Thorsten77
      I only call the turn: we have showdown value (TPTK) and the nut-FD - no need to scare him and if he donks here smallish, he has a weak hand (which you don't want to raise out of the pot) or a monster in most cases.